“Good Food, good price”
Review of The Pilot House

The Pilot House
Ranked #16 of 251 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Ottawa, Ontario
“Good Food, good price”
Reviewed July 7, 2009

During a recent stay in Charlottetown my wife and I had occasion to eat at The Pilot House restaurant (Pub side). The service was good although somewhat rushed. I hadn't finished my martini before the waitress brought our wine and entre. She also wanted to take our dinner order immediately when she delivered our drinks, I was able to hold her off for a little while. The food was excellent and the prices were quite reasonable. My only complaint was that they didn't make a very good Cafe Monte Cristo, one of my favourite after dinner drinks. The waitress had to ask what it was.

Rockville Maryland
“Good food with somewhat slow service”
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Just returned from eating at the Pilot House. Did not have a reservation and was seated in the pub area. The ambiance was wonderful as it quickly filled up including around the bar area. The menu was quite extensive and the food was very good. The only "complaint" I could find was that the service was a bit on the slow side although we really didn't mind it since we were in no hurry. All in all, a very good experience.

1 Thank delamereman
Central Texas
“A "B+"”
Reviewed August 17, 2008

They were busy when I walked in without a reservation but I was seated (as were others) at Queue next door which apparently shares the kitchen.

I ordered one oyster with each of their Stilton cheese topping, their vegetable "shot", and regular tomato - horseradish sauce. Each was good although the Stilton had a stronger flavor than I would have liked (and I like Stilton very much in other settings).

I ordered the local scallops and while the flavor was good, they weren't as tender as other scallops I've had. The vegetables were very "al dente".

A good meal but not the best I had in Charlottetown (see separate review on The Maple Grill).

1 Thank BobAir
Charottetown, PEI
“Watch the pricing on some dishes.”
Reviewed May 30, 2008

I have been to this restaurant many times and have enjoyed the food and atmosphere . Being a resident of Charlottetown, I have seen their popularity grow over the years.
Having said that, I have recently had a bad experience. A recommended appetizer, on the part of the waitress, arrived. I think the dish was called " oyster potatoes" or some- such.The dish consisted of 5, teeny tiny stuffed potato halves, the size of a silver dollar ! My husband and I routinely share appetizers. Delicious, but we were charged $12.95 for the serving.This, in the land of the potato.Not good value for money.
Whoever is responsible for the pricing on these dishes had best go back to the drawing board.
There is no quicker way to turn people off.

4 Thank PEIVisitor