“Perfect for a special night out”
Review of The Pilot House

The Pilot House
Ranked #17 of 262 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Needing a special place to entertain a head office visitor, we looked to local colleagues for recommendations. The Pilot House was high on their list. It is so on mine now too! Wonderful menu, very eclectic, and something for everyone. They have a more standard 'pub menu' and a more upmarket 'entrees' menu. I chose a small greek salad to start, and steak frites as entree. The greek salad had a lovely homemade raspberry vinaigrette with it, and was a great start to my meal. The steak was cooked to perfection and came with delicious condiments of tomato basil butter and chipotle aioli. It was served with heaps of fries. I would have preferred a choice of potato but I didn't ask - maybe they would have substituted a baked potato, who knows? And, although I was stuffed, I could resist dessert... New York style cheesecake with a caramel nougat center and glazed with chocolate. Decadent. Not the cheapest night out, but it was comfortable, service was great, and the food was worth every penny!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great ambiance and friendly and knowledgable servers. My travel buddy ate the PEI mussels with chorizo and I gobbled down the seafood Cajun salad. Both meals were filled with flavour and seafood goodness. The prices are reasonable considering the quality and portion size

Reviewed July 5, 2013

It was a Friday night and they were very crowded and it was very noisy in the bar area, near our seats. They took a long time to seat us (though we were the only ones waiting and there were several empty tables) and the service was a bit slow. The chicken nachos were good for a late snack. We shared, but motioned to one another as we could hardly hear ourselves talk. The only plus was that it was within walking distance of our downtown B & B.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had an absolutely outstanding evening. The service was superb and not overbearing but very attentive all the same. Our host, Sam, ensured our dining was a perfect one.The wine is well priced and was very, very high quality, food was incredible too. Relaxed atmosphere made us very comfortable, highly recommended for couples or family, fantastic evening had and absolutely nothing to fault.
Definitely a must go on your trip to PEI!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Pilot House is one of my favourite restaurants in Charlottetown. You can count on a good meal, prompt and friendly service and the atmosphere is very pleasant, a heritage building with exposed brick, stone and wooden beams. I am a big fan of their Blackened Salmon and Lobster Sauce...and the Chicken Broccoli Crepes are always a great choice for lunch. A pleasant place to stop in for a quick meal or a leisurely supper!!