“A superb meal and great service. Will definitely be back!”
Review of The Pilot House

The Pilot House
Ranked #17 of 264 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I travel to PEI for business frequently and stopped in at The Pilot House for a late supper. I received a very warm welcome and sat at the bar where I was greeted by the friendly bartender. After reviewing the menu I ordered the Tempura Shrimp which were amazing! Three huge tempura-coated shrimp arrived on my plate ; clearly chef plays very close attention to detail and presentation as the plate was beautiful. Then I ordered the lamb meatballs which were seasoned perfectly and were a match made in heaven with my glass of Chianti! After chatting a while with the staff after a long hard day, I left The Pilot House with a smile on my face and a vow to return as soon as possible on my next business trip.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

On our 25th anniversary, my husband and I (PEI ISLANDERS) went to the Pilot House for dinner as our son had given us gift cetificates for this "esteemed restaurant". It was NOT a pleasant experience as our waitress spilled my glass of water over my seat and my clothes - right at the beginning of what we hoped would be a lovely evening. I should have complained more loudly but that is not in my character. She brought extra napkins to clean up the water but I sat in wet slacks and underwear throughout the meal. I ordered the filet mignon which was tough (how can a filet be tough??) - but to be fair my husaband's rack of lamb was excellent. In recompense for the water being spilled I received a free glass of wine. If you have ever sat in a wet bathing suit in a restaurant you will know how I felt and how llittle I enjoyed the meal. There was no concern for the customer's comfort (other than napkins). I am very disappoitnted and will not recommend the Pilot House to any of my friends or family visiting this year.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant is great for couples, small groups and families with kids in their late teens or 20's. There are two parts to this restaurant- the bar and the dining area. If you require solitude and privacy make a reservation there. We find our preference is to go to the bar and you can't reserve in the bar but the wait is usually short. There is more happening there yet the service is the same.
Keep in mind in the summertime when the live theatre is playing at the Confederation Centre a lot of people eat at the Pilot House before the show that I think starts at 8pm, so going after 7 or so might be better than earlier. There is a bar in the bar restaurant area with stools and people can generally wait there until a table becomes available. Very fine service and very good food. Lots of things on the appetizer menu can be main courses for small eaters but they have the larger meals to satisfy the hungrier appetite.
Be sure to go, it's one of our favorites!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Family and friends visited The Pilot House for a reunion dinner.
The service was excellent, the server answered all our questions knowledgably and was friendly and extremely efficient.
Dinner was hot, flavourful and the portions were sizable.
A wonderful atmosphere and menu for catching up with old friends and new.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is not the first time we go to the Pilot House and every time it has been very good. During the PEI burger love is no exception, their burger must be one of the top on the island. Would return anytime.