“cant wait to tell you about this place”
Review of St James Gate Pub & Restaurant - CLOSED

St James Gate Pub & Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Pub, Gastropub, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whether you're visiting or shopping the downtown core of Charlottetown, St. James Gate has the meals you crave for lunch or dinner with friends, family or for business and corporate meetings. We are located on Kent St. across from the Confederation Court Mall within walking distance to great downtown tourist attractions, theatres, downtown hotels and transit. Food: With knowledgeable service and great food, you can sit back and enjoy fresh seafood, pasta, steak, gourmet sandwiches and perfect salads. If you are out for a late night or early evening bite, visit us for cocktails, local beer and appetizer at our pub and restaurant. St. James Gate is the perfect destination when in downtown Charlottetown. Music In the mood for some great Island Entertainers? We are proud to boast the best acoustic performers from Charlottetown and the East Coast. Check out our ENTERTAINMENT listing to see our upcoming lineup of Acoustic Shows and adult friendly music. It is a must see while visiting Charlottetown. Private Rooms: Are you looking for Private Dining? We have 2 large private rooms for any type of party, whether it is a birthday, wedding rehearsals or corporate functions. With our amazing service staff and our menu catered to your special event, we are sure that you will win over your guest with our private rooms.
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
“cant wait to tell you about this place”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

What a great time we had. My 4 friends and I are from different places ( toronto, moncton, pei, and calgary) ,and all in the industry ,we get together once every year. I love this pub I can probably say I am there at least a couple time a week. I have to say that my friends were soo impressed on the service, the drink selection and the food among others. One of them couldnt believe all the vodkas they have and the great beer on tap. My personal fave is the raspberry cosmo martini :). A We ordered our food we got nachos, spinach dip, lobster stuff mushroom caps, the happy hour burger , and calamari all was very very very good! Our server was Lydia and she was great! She was recommending us things to order and was great with clearing our table and keeping our drinks full. She was joking around and having fun with us. It was just so nice to take your friends from away to a place that you know will be good and its not going to embarrass you. We all had a great time laughing and catching us. I forgot to mention the music was alot of fun, mixed mod country, rock , top 40 stuff and we had fun with that singing along . I recommend this pub!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Greg A

Ontario
“Great food, great prices!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were looking for something low-key on the last night of our honeymoon, and based on others reviews ended at St James Gate Pub. We were definitely not disappointed!

The service was great and the food was good (and well priced!). I had the seafood chowder, which was good and had plenty of flavour, and my hubby had the fish and chips - which according to him you can't go wrong with. Portion sizes were good too!

We would definitely pop in again!

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank biogirl
Charlottetown, Canada
“Best kept secret, so shhhhh!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is the hidden gem of Charlottetown.

The best app menu of any place in Charlottetown, my favorite is the ginger beef. Highly recommend this and hope it goes on the menu with a side. Great size portion on the Calamari, Sweet Potato Fries and mussels. The Smoked Salmon Antojito is yummy, not a strong salmon taste.

Wing night is a great night to head here, the wings are exactly what they say on the menu .... succulent chicken wings in all kinds of flavours.

I have only tried their seafood nachos and shocked at the amount of seafood on them. Delicious.

The only thing better then the food is the staff, friendly and well trained!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank singlecougar
Ottawa, Canada
“Very good food at very good price”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had kids burger, pasta with chicken in Alfredo souce, mussels, wings, steak and jambalaya. All the food was very good, the service was great, and we really enjoyed this place.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Anna290
Charlottetown, Canada
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great food , lots of it, great service , great value for your dollar make sure you are hungrey when you go there.

Visited May 2012