“Excellent pasta!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We ate dinner here and both had the special. Homemade fettucini, white wine garlic cream sauce, pesto, spinach and chicken. It was excellent!! Rich and creamy and full of flavour! The bread offered pre-meal was not so good though. It was dried out and unfortunately cold. A few minutes in the oven to make it hot and crusty would have a gone a long way! Caprese salad was fresh and tasty!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

You step into this place and you feel like you are in Italy. Charming decor and intimate without being noisy or too much in your fellow diners' laps. A real change of pace for a town filled with fish restaurants. But I found my steak to be worse than average and the price quite steep. Wait staff were generally slow and unhelpful. Spaghetti with meat sauce quite tasty but very heavy on the pepper, so hard to eat if you are not a pepper person. All in all, a mixed experience. Torn between three and four stars.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

To start with, the meals were excellent. My wife, who is from Rome, will attest to that. The Italian menu was spot on and our English waiter's "restaurant Italian" (as he called it) was very good.

But what I'd really like to point out is the experience we had with our waiter (unfortunately, I do not remember his name). We were with our 19-month old toddler who was not in the best of spirits this evening (as toddlers can be). Our waiter went beyond our expectations in making us feel at comfort and providing us anything and everything we could possibly need to make the best of our dining experience.

2  Thank Azevedo_Chris
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I read a lot of the reviews of this restaurant before I chose it for my birthday dinner. We started with the lobster ravioli. Unbelievably good, very, very rich. Our entrees were both with seafood. The pasta is made in-house (what a treat and exactly the way it should be). My husband was very impressed with the amount of seafood he got in his dish. Corin was our server and was just terrific. Very outgoing, well versed in the food and great attitude. Tiramasu was surreal. It was light, airy and decadent. Best decision I made (even though some reviewers were not complimentary). Fun place - we will come back. We have more things to try.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Dined here tonight and have some mixed feelings. I have broken it down to Pros, Cons and the in-between. Pros: excellent service, good location, and traditional Northern Italian menu. Cons: high price, limited parking and ambiance dated/stale (small tables, old standard paintings, yellowed newspaper clippings). The in-betweens: food was okay but could have been better, portions should have been larger, and menu should be more extensive. Would I eat here again, probably not, the food just isn't shining like it should.... especially at that price.