“Great Food, Good Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Papa Joe's

Papa Joe's
Ranked #27 of 242 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: American, Lebanese, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fredericton, Canada
“Great Food, Good Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I dined here with a friend of mine the other night. For some reason I did think this was a more upper scale restaurant... it isn't. But it turned out OK anyway.

Location - Right on University Ave, close to downtown, but not in the Downtown core. Between the restaurants parking facilities and the fact that there is a strip mall in behind it - there is lots of parking.

The Atmosphere - Ok - reminded me of a diner almost. But the restaurant was laid out well and the decor was decent.

The Service - Was very good. The server was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable about the food options.

The Food - Really good. We started with an Appy - the Bruschetta and Goat Cheese Flatbread. It was delicious. and large enough for two to share. Then I had the steak sandwich...a little over cooked, but still tender and tasty. My friend had the Fish and Chips. The portions for both meals was substantial. We then shared a brownie and ice cream dessert. I have never had a brownie so moist. Scrumptious.

The Prices - were decent. Our Appy, Entres and desert along with a bottle of wine came to under $90 after tax.

I would definitely recommend this place - as well as return.

Florence, Kentucky
“Great choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I never write restaurant reviews (this is my first one) but I found this place by accident (first time visitor to Charlottetown) one afternoon while looking for somewhere to have a late lunch and was so impressed that I made a point of returning again the next day. I showed up at 10 AM and the owner was arriving as I was getting out of my car. He nicely explained that they didn't open until 11 and was genuinely interested in what I wanted to have to eat. I said that I'd come back later and when I did arrive back a little after 11, he joked with some of the staff at the counter . . . "Look after this guy well. He was here at 9" as we all laughed. Both meals were very good and the staff and management were attentive, efficient and very friendly. I also made note of the way the meals of some of my nearby diners looked when delivered and the appearance and presentation of the plates of food was excellent. I generally look at license plates of cars in the parking lots of these places and the vast majority seemed to be locals from PEI. Since I was there in late September (past their peak season), I took this as a good sign since restaurants generally fail due to a lack of repeat clientele. According to their exterior street sign, Papa Joe's have been in business for 25 years, so I guess they must be doing something right. Give them a try.

Lacombe, Canada
“Great food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

New place for us to eat but our local friends say it's a well established restaurant. The waitress was very friendly and our meals were great! Had a small town feeling even though it's in a city. I would definitely eat here when we are back in PEI.

Point Edward
“Great family dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Papa Joe's is a great family restaurant on the main road in Charlottetown. Parking is free, staff are friendly and meals were reasonably priced. Great homecooked meals and lots of variety to accommodate everyone. Will definitely go back again.

Visited August 2013
561 Notre Dame st
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Had the shish tauok wrap and the turkey dinner. Both were excellent. The lebanese rice was very good too.
Sherry our waitress was very professional and courteous.