“Great choice”

Dining options: Reservations
Florence, Kentucky
“Great choice”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I never write restaurant reviews (this is my first one) but I found this place by accident (first time visitor to Charlottetown) one afternoon while looking for somewhere to have a late lunch and was so impressed that I made a point of returning again the next day. I showed up at 10 AM and the owner was arriving as I was getting out of my car. He nicely explained that they didn't open until 11 and was genuinely interested in what I wanted to have to eat. I said that I'd come back later and when I did arrive back a little after 11, he joked with some of the staff at the counter . . . "Look after this guy well. He was here at 9" as we all laughed. Both meals were very good and the staff and management were attentive, efficient and very friendly. I also made note of the way the meals of some of my nearby diners looked when delivered and the appearance and presentation of the plates of food was excellent. I generally look at license plates of cars in the parking lots of these places and the vast majority seemed to be locals from PEI. Since I was there in late September (past their peak season), I took this as a good sign since restaurants generally fail due to a lack of repeat clientele. According to their exterior street sign, Papa Joe's have been in business for 25 years, so I guess they must be doing something right. Give them a try.

Lacombe, Canada
“Great food, friendly staff”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

New place for us to eat but our local friends say it's a well established restaurant. The waitress was very friendly and our meals were great! Had a small town feeling even though it's in a city. I would definitely eat here when we are back in PEI.

Point Edward
“Great family dining”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Papa Joe's is a great family restaurant on the main road in Charlottetown. Parking is free, staff are friendly and meals were reasonably priced. Great homecooked meals and lots of variety to accommodate everyone. Will definitely go back again.

Visited August 2013
561 Notre Dame st
“Great food”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Had the shish tauok wrap and the turkey dinner. Both were excellent. The lebanese rice was very good too.
Sherry our waitress was very professional and courteous.

Halifax, Canada
“The one place I take every visitor to Charlottetown”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have been staying in Charlottetown temporarily since March, and have eaten out at Papa Joe's more than anywhere else. I have gone with my husband, with my Mom, with my Mom & aunt, with my brother, sister-in-law and niece and nephew, and ordered pick-up/ take-out for work.

This place has such a lovely atmosphere, such friendly service, and it really feels like you are among friends. The menu is wonderful - lots of choice, some standards for the traditionalists (the club sandwich is great) and some variety for the adventurous (the curry special on Wednesday is fabulous). This is a family run restaurant, and you can tell they love what they do. They always ask how you meal was when you leave, and they really do want to know. They are also happy to give suggestions and information if you are struggling to choose.

A great place to take kids too - my nephew was a little fussy and straight away the waitress brought him toys to play with, things to colour, etc. They seem very happy to accommodate and put their customers' experience and comfort first.

Other restaurants I have been to are a little hit and miss, or a little pricey, but this is a guaranteed winner - the price is right and the food is amazing. It will not disappoint.

• Visited August 2013