“Very Disappointing”

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen Street
Description: Located upstairs from the Claddagh Oyster House the Olde Dublin Pub is PEI's only authentic Irish Pub. Offering great pub food and a large selection of domestic and import draft in a friendly restaurant setting. The best in maritime entertainment can be seen every Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights - 7 nights a week during the summer months. THE MOST FOOT STOMPIN' FUN YOU'LL HAVE IN PEI
Reviewed March 31, 2012

It had been a while since I had last visited the Olde Dublin Pub so I looking forward to having lunch here. As the title of this review suggests however it was a very disappointing decision. I was initially optimistic because the Olde Dublin Pub has a really nice atmosphere, with comfortable seating and nice decor. It is an Irish style pub with a great layout.

Service: Unfortunately that is about all the positives I have to say about my experience. We went at a slow time of day but it nonetheless took almost 10 minutes or more before a server even bothered to come over, even though we were quite visible and impossible to miss considering how empty the place was. The server was relatively pleasant, other than being slightly impatient when we were deciding what to order. After we did finally get to order the food was a very long time in coming. We are not impatient people, but a wrap and a salad shouldn't take over a half hour to prepare, again especially considering we were one of maybe three tables there and the other two already had their food when we walked in. The server also didn't bother to check back until we were basically ready for the bill and as a result we were without something to drink most of the meal or able to comment on the food.

The Food itself: The biggest part of my dissatisfaction was the food. I'm not a foodie, but surely a chicken wrap and a Cesar salad should be easy enough to prepare. The chicken in the wrap was not only cold but soggy and there was almost no sauce, cheese, or lettuce in it. The Cesar salad had nice bits of bacon in it and croutons, but had almost no dressing at all on it and the lettuce was dry. My girlfriend's was similar other than her's only had one big gob of dressing on one spot. It just shows a lack effort, it is a sad thing when a restaurant can't get a salad right.

In closing, I was very let down by my experience at the Olde Dublin Pub and will likely not be returning. We dine in Charlottetown a couple times a month, if not more, and have been to every restaurant at some point. This was probably the worst effort we've seen and as I said, very disappointing considering that we were excited to change things up a bit from our regular spots. I have a hard time thinking of a restaurant in Charlottetown to avoid when asked for a suggestion, the Olde Dublin Pub will now come to mind. I don't know if I caught them on a bad day, but this experience was one of the worst I have had in recent memory. Service and food quality really need to get a hard look by management in my opinion. Very unfortunate......

3  Thank IslanderOnTheGo

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Although I don't imbibe in alcohol, when you are in Charlottetown, I still checkout the local pubs for the food and ambience. What a great find. They also have the Urbanspoon sticker of approval out front. Too bad you can't get Trip Advisor ones...I would've posted one here.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I went here 3 times during our 7 night trip. It is a fun place to hang out and have a beer. Great food and live music!

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Located in historic downtown, this is a locate Irish pub full of atmosphere. The staff are very welcoming and the menu has lots of variety.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

love the good food the steak specials and other dishes and staff very freindly!!