“Worst burger ever!”

The Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #29 of 242 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We have created a truly unique dining experience based on local products, a culinary flare and an atmosphere that brings the kitchen to the forefront. We invite you to experience and enjoy The Brickhouse and Marc's Lounge in Downtown Charlottetown today.
Vientiane, Laos
“Worst burger ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Now burger's are exactly culinary high-flying but after an extended absence from the Island, I felt I needed a burger fix and felt that this was the place to get a "good burger". Well I was wrong. It was nicely charred, but the edges were burnt and it was very (very) dry. Too much bun for a good bun/burger ratio, which only added to the extreme dryness. Anyway, some things you can overlook but this is supposed to be a higher end restaurant, the service was only fair at best. Overall atmosphere was not great. Overall recommendation - if you can't get a burger right, then I won't be back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank lloyd d
Mayorofrosebank, General Manager at The Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Llyod D,
Thank you for your recent visit to Brickhouse. I would like to apologize for your burger being dry and not up to your standards. We strive to deliver positive memorable experiences, and this one unfortunately was not one. I'd like to thank you for your comments, and assure you they are being discussed with our team. I would love to hear further details regarding the service, and we hope you will join us again so we can deliver a much better experience.
Nick Holland
nick.holland@murphyrestaurants.ca

Toronto, Canada
“New Menu is Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I travel to Charlottetown a few times a year for business and I always make sure to stop by the Brickhouse for dinner. The menu was revamped since my last visit and the new Chef did a great job. The food has always been good but they really stepped it up a notch! One of the very best in Charlottetown in my experience. I enjoy sitting at the bar since I am generally on my own and the bartenders are always very friendly and engaging. Can't wait to get back and try out more of the new menu!

• Visited January 2014
Charlottetown, Canada
“Three hour wait and freezing cold”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had one of the worst dining experiences ever at this restaurant two nights ago. To begin with the restaurant was freezing cold. The waitress was extremely helpful and set up a portable heater, however, all of us had our jackets either on or draped over our laps and we were obviously chilled. When you are paying $25 - $35 for a main course, you don't want to be shivering while you eat it. Our group consisted of six people. We arrived at 6 pm, ordered a half an hour later and did not receive our main courses until 9 pm. We were entertained by watching every table around us being served their appetizers, main courses, desserts, and then leave before we received our food. We asked the bartender if we could speak to the manager. He said he would get the manager, walked away, and then came back to the table to explain all the problems that they were having in the kitchen. I fail to see how every table except ours was served if there were problems in the kitchen. In addition, the "manager/bartender" was extremely dismissive. We asked for bread and it took over a half an hour to arrive. I can confidently say that no one in our group will ever visit this restaurant again. Our server was lovely and extremely apologetic, however, the three hour wait, freezing temperatures, and absolute disregard by the manager made the whole experience somewhat ridiculous.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank BevNR
Mayorofrosebank, General Manager at The Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
I would like to apologize for your bad experience with us during your recent visit. I was not in the building that evening, however your server brought the event to my attention, and measures have been made to avoid the situation from happening again. There is no excuse for long wait times and we are working toward reducing them moving forward. As for the heat, the old brick building itself is over 150 years old and during the severely cold nights in the Winter it is extremely difficult to keep it warm. I would love to hear further details regarding your night. Feel free to email nick.holland@murphyrestaurants.ca
Kinkora PEI
“disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

went in Oct with another couple and service was god but food was very poor-- ordered the porktoberfest special and pork was very dry (over cooked+++)
Went again with a group of 4 couples (8 people) --- reservations were for 5pm as we were going to an event at Confed centre at 730. Ordered our meal by 530 -- only 2 of us wanted appetizers and was told by the waitress that the main meal order would not be cooked until appetizers were finished, we decided to forgo appetizers and thank goodness we did because are meal was served to us at 645. My flat bread was reminiscent of Dr Osker frozen pizza. One of our party ordered fettuccine that was served in a small soup bowl (appetizer size portion).. I could go on an on with how disappointed we were.
two times is my limit. I will not be back. So many more yummy dining options in Charlottetown to take a chance on an expensive disappointing meal :(

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank dbg837
Halifax, Canada
“Nicest burger I think I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We introduced ourselves to the Daniel Brenan Brickhouse on a Saturday afternoon for a late lunch. The atmosphere, even though we were actually the only people there at the time, was warm and inviting. A lot of care and attention has gone into the interior design and it was a pleasure to sit in. It was like an art gallery, restaurant, trendy bar, all rolled into one. The menu is very eclectic, and had some interesting adaptations of traditional meals. I opted for a 'simple' burger & fries. But what I was served was anything but. The absolute best tasting meat I think I've ever had in a burger, dressed to perfection with red pepper relish, chili & pickle remoulade, double smoked bacon, and cheese. Perfectly balanced, all flavours bringing out the best in each other. Wonderfully designed, perfectly cooked, and lovingly presented. The bun was delicious - and the fries fresh and crispy. My husband got the pork burger with the 'gathered greens' salad, which, with its cranberry vinaigrette, marinated beets, goat cheese, and pumpkin seed brittle, he announced was '(his) kind of salad'. We will definitely be seeking this place out again the next time we are in Charlottetown, as we can't wait to try the rest of the menu - I can't believe it took us this long in the first place!

• Visited October 2013