“Excellent Food, atmosphere”

The Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #21 of 260 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have created a truly unique dining experience based on local products, a culinary flare and an atmosphere that brings the kitchen to the forefront. We invite you to experience and enjoy The Brickhouse and Marc's Lounge in Downtown Charlottetown today.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Dropped into the Brickhouse last night for a light dinner. Sat at the food bar where you can talk to and watch the chefs cook. I asked the server for suggestions and she was very helpful. I ordered a Pesto Flatbread. It was excellent as was the service. Will definitely be be back.

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I came to PEI from Halifax to visit some family we had there. We wanted a nice friendly atmosphere with great food. As we wandered around Charlottetown we finally came across the Brickhouse.
Upon entering we were greeted at the door by a friendly young person who directed us to a table. There were only 4 of us but I was surprised we could even get a table because the restaurant was packed.
Walking from the first floor to the second, the decor in the restaurant was simply amazing. My wife absolutely fell in love with it, she wanted pictures of everything.
We then ordered spring rolls and mussels to start, they were delicious.
Our server promptly checked on us and easily answered all of our questions about the food and the restaurant itself.
For our entrees we had the halibut and the lobster linguini, both of which were once again delicious! I also tried pork burger which my uncle had chosen, I'll be getting that next time I go.
I'm not much for fancy drinks but I did get a Racy Mel at the end of my meal, BEST SPECIALTY COFFEE EVER.
This is one of the best experiences we've had on PEI and I can't wait until we visit again, well take our friends!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had high expectations after hearing good things about this place. We went there on a Friday evening to celebrate my friend's birthday. We arrived around 10pm upstairs and this acoustic set was just finishing up. As I went to pay for my first drink by starting a tab with my credit card, the bartender informed me bluntly "we're getting too busy, you have to pay cash". He was as in the know as I was because not 5 minutes later the crowd started filing out because the set was over. I was out on the town with friends, and enjoy treating them to drinks, however I had to either spend the $20 in my pocket or find an ATM and leave the party. The choice was easy, I kept my money for Hunter's later and enjoyed the company of the nine other people that made the bar so busy, all of whom were with my friends.

1  Thank cbut52
Mayorofrosebank, Manager at The Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Cbut52,
We reget to hear about your experiance in Marc's Studio. It is unusual that this incident would occur, our bartenders are trained to run tabs no matter how busy they get. We have identified the employee who was working that evening and we will discuss the events of the evening. Our acoustic sets run from 10pm-12 midnight with a break in the middle around 11. We would love to hear further details about your evening and we appreciate your feedback. If you would email further details of your experiance we could hope to avoid this from occuring again.
Again we apoligize for your evening,
Sincerly.

Nick Holland
AGM Daniel Brenan Brickhouse
nick.holland@murphyrestaurants.ca

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stopped in at this cozy little spot for lunch and so glad we did! The food was delectable and the unique building and interior decor added to the experience! Don't pass this little gem by....stop in and try it out!

2  Thank tanfan
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The ambience was terrific; brick walls, modern art, comfortable seating.. there are three levels, each a little different; one with a kitchen bar, another with a regular bar and upstairs perfect for hosting gatherings.

The food was amazing! So great - they have a young chef who really knows how to prepare food. Rustic Chicken Linguini was so good... even their Chicken Club is something special. A must-visit! I wish they were located in Ontario!

2  Thank Wilson626