“Apparently they don't want your money”

The Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #29 of 242 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We have created a truly unique dining experience based on local products, a culinary flare and an atmosphere that brings the kitchen to the forefront. We invite you to experience and enjoy The Brickhouse and Marc's Lounge in Downtown Charlottetown today.
Charlottetown, Canada
“Apparently they don't want your money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had high expectations after hearing good things about this place. We went there on a Friday evening to celebrate my friend's birthday. We arrived around 10pm upstairs and this acoustic set was just finishing up. As I went to pay for my first drink by starting a tab with my credit card, the bartender informed me bluntly "we're getting too busy, you have to pay cash". He was as in the know as I was because not 5 minutes later the crowd started filing out because the set was over. I was out on the town with friends, and enjoy treating them to drinks, however I had to either spend the $20 in my pocket or find an ATM and leave the party. The choice was easy, I kept my money for Hunter's later and enjoyed the company of the nine other people that made the bar so busy, all of whom were with my friends.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank cbut52
Mayorofrosebank, Manager at The Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Cbut52,
We reget to hear about your experiance in Marc's Studio. It is unusual that this incident would occur, our bartenders are trained to run tabs no matter how busy they get. We have identified the employee who was working that evening and we will discuss the events of the evening. Our acoustic sets run from 10pm-12 midnight with a break in the middle around 11. We would love to hear further details about your evening and we appreciate your feedback. If you would email further details of your experiance we could hope to avoid this from occuring again.
Again we apoligize for your evening,
Sincerly.

Nick Holland
AGM Daniel Brenan Brickhouse
nick.holland@murphyrestaurants.ca

Canada
“Awesome atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in at this cozy little spot for lunch and so glad we did! The food was delectable and the unique building and interior decor added to the experience! Don't pass this little gem by....stop in and try it out!

2 Thank tanfan
London, Canada
“My favorite restaurant in Charlottetown!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

The ambience was terrific; brick walls, modern art, comfortable seating.. there are three levels, each a little different; one with a kitchen bar, another with a regular bar and upstairs perfect for hosting gatherings.

The food was amazing! So great - they have a young chef who really knows how to prepare food. Rustic Chicken Linguini was so good... even their Chicken Club is something special. A must-visit! I wish they were located in Ontario!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Wilson626
Wayne, NJ
“Best restaurant in Charlottetown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

On a recent 6-day trip to Charlottetown, my wife and ate in a number of the highly rated restaurants there. The Brickhouse was our favorite. The food was delicious, the ambiance was very pleasant, and the service was excellent. I had the cioppino, which was a wonderful stew of fresh fish and shellfish, cooked to perfection (not overdone and rubbery as in some other restaurants.) Prices were about in the middle of what we paid in other places, making this a good value.

2 Thank MarcTwain
Alliston, Canada
“Birthday Celebration”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were looking for "Off Broadway" and found Daniel Brenan. It was a warm night and we sat on the patio. Nice music down the street. Fall flavours appetizer was excellent, as was the Bread Pudding. The Rustic Chicken Pasta and the Green Thai Chicken & Basil Curry were very tasty.
Lots of activity on the street complete with a wedding party. Kate our server was friendly and seemed to enjoy her work. A nice place to enjoy good food in a friendly city.
Only negative is motorcycles with loud pipes on the street.

• Visited September 2012