“Loved It! Comfortable and Casually Romantic with Great Food”

Lucy Maud Dining Room
Ranked #26 of 249 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lucy Maud Dining Room is the training restaurant for The Culinary Institute of Canada. Our students, under the guidance of world class chef instructors, prepare extraordinary culinary creations using the very best the fields and waters of PEI have to offer. The Lucy Maud Dining Room, the Institute’s fine dining restaurant, and the Montgomery Cafeteria, are undergoing significant upgrades as part of a $7.5 million renovation and expansion project. We will re-open to the general public in November 2017 with a fresh new look. The renovation and expansion to The Culinary Institute of Canada was made possible by investments from the Federal and Provincial governments, and a capital campaign led by the Holland College Foundation, called Nourish.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Loved It! Comfortable and Casually Romantic with Great Food”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This restaurant is in the culinary school (Holland College), but once you get in and you face the water the dining room is simple and elegant. Nice for a birthday, special occasion or just for a treat (we were on vacation). But since it's a teaching school it feels comfortable - not too stuffy. Service was perfect and everyone was very friendly. Very good portions and good deal for the money, even if it is pricey. Usually when we go out for fine dining the prices are higher and the portions are smaller (and sometimes they are pretty snooty). They gave us a little amuse-bouche (bite size appetizer), which was lobster, and very delicious. I had salmon with pistachio and it was cooked pefectly and the sides were fantastic (white bean hash with chorizo). My boyfriend had the beef tenderloin and he also though everything was great. Check before you go on hours of operation. I emailed for a reservation in advance without a problem. I just wish it was closer so we could go again soon!

1 Thank DelQuint

“Poor food quality”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The preparations are not tasty and the service is poor. They do not seem to use fresh seafood. Because of the fame for the Green Gables, visitors tend to go to this place to eat....but it is not worth the money they spend.

Visited July 2014
Montreal
“Wonderful dining experience - superb dinner and service”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had dinner here recently as a result of checking out some tripadvisor reviews and had a wonderful evening. The restaurant is located in the Culinary Institute of Canada and has a great location overlooking the water. Our server Laura was friendly, helpful and professional. The dinner which we were told was prepared by chef Stephen (who had just completed his course) working with the supervision of the institute staff, was fabulous and one of the best meals we have had. There was a large choice on the menu and everything we had was excellent including the lobster and pineapple salad with Granny Smith apples, the Thai potstickers, the potato crusted halibut, and the strip sirloin with lobster. Everything was beautifully plated and presented. We had the tasting dessert plate which had four different items; even the coffee was excellent. Pricing was in keeping with a meal of this calibre. If you are in Charlottetown, it is worth a special visit.

Dallas, Texas
“Liked the Experience”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I'm so glad I read about this place as the building looks very much like a warehouse on the exterior and from the street there is no sign indicating a restaurant. The dining room itself is plain, with a nice view of the water. We enjoyed being served by recent graduates of the school who tried to give diners a positive experience. I had the halibut , which was OK, but a little dry. My companion had the bison loin and thought it was delicious. The breads before the meal were a nice touch. Overall I would rate the food quality as very good, not outstanding. But when you add the unique view (the only restaurant in town with a water view) and the special situation of recent grads preparing and serving the meal, it is worth a visit.

1 Thank mcbr
“Amazing view and amazing food!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My wife and I visited the Culinary Institute and were very pleased with the entire experience. My wife had land and sea which was fabulous. I had the bison and it was a little tough but I did ask for medium-well. The overall presentation and service was fantastic. The desserts were incredible. We would definitely return to eat again at the Culinary Institute.