“Unhappy diners”

The Gahan House
Ranked #14 of 268 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the original Gahan House, located in the heart of historic Charlottetown. We’ve been brewing craft beer, serving great food, and showcasing the warmth and hospitality PEI is famous for since 2001. When you think about Gahan, you might think Sir John A’s Honey Wheat Ale and Brown Bag Fish & Chips or a great venue for local music and the perfect place to have a meet up with friends. No matter what Gahan means to you, the common thread is it’s always an experience. There are now Gahan locations across the Maritimes and we’re proud to be the ones that started it all. Experience the beer. Experience the food. Experience the culture. Come experience Gahan.
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I visit PEI often and have eaten at the Gahan House a number of times. This summer I ate there twice and sadly I won't be back. Our meals were really lacking. For example I ordered a reuben sandwich and I received a sauerkraut sandwich with one slice of meat. My fires and my husband's fries were burnt. To top it off I had to ask a waitress three times for silverware. This restaurant has certainly gone down in quality and service over the past year.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed August 24, 2010

I loved the tasting tray of beer in this bar. Their beers are great and can recommend the stout! The staff were very helpful and accommodating even when we were a large quite rowdy group. Thanks to them all, especially the server with the peacock earrings on Wednesday, 18 August, who bravely put up with a lot of cheek! I really enjoyed drinking in this bar and would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Reviewed August 19, 2010

This restaurant has such a cozy, romantic atmosphere with plenty of historic charm. We made a stop here in the middle of a long day of shopping and sightseeing and thoroughly enjoyed the break. Both of us got the Gahan burger, which comes with fries. The portion size was perfect and the food was delicious. We didn't try the beer, but it is the only brewery on the island. I'd certainly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed August 7, 2010

Their on-site brews are superb, an dther eis a variety for any beer lover. Don't bother with the $8 brewery tour unless you are a real brewery afficianado - you can see all the "brewery" from the outside room on your visit to the restrooms.
The beer-steamed mussels were excellent, as was the portobello burger (per my wife). The 'paper bag' fish and chips were excellent. Two large pieces of crispy-fried fish and the best french fries anywhere!

1  Thank fflbrgst
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Visited this place in June. I was impressed with the decor - its a bit different. Sadly I was not that impressed with the food, the portions were pretty small for my liking and I consider that the meals were overpriced for what we received.
Overall, not bad - perhaps worth a visit if you are near.