“Good Food, Good Service”
Review of The Gahan House

The Gahan House
Ranked #7 of 255 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Gahan House Pub opened in June 2001 and quickly became one of Charlottetown's favourite restaurants. Its unique and friendly atmosphere, food, and fine Ales have helped to establish it as a destination of choice for locals and tourists alike. From our house to your house... Cheers! Hours Monday/Tuesday 11am - 11pm (kitchen close) 12am (bar close) Wednesday/Thursday 11am - 12am (kitchen close) 1am (bar close) Friday/Saturday 11am - 12am (kitchen close) 2am (bar close) Sunday 11am - 10pm (kitchen close) 11om (bar close)
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Three of us ate lunch there and found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful when we needed explanations of the various beers. They were specializing in various lobster dishes when we went but, since one of us had a shellfish allergy, we checked to be sure there were lots of other choices. She avoided ordering shellfish, naturally, but did mention her allergy to the waitress. The manager came out a few minutes later to tell her that he could not be 100% certain if what she had ordered might be fried in oil that had previously been used to deep fry shrimp. We greatly appreciated their conscientiousness. All three of our meals were tasty and the portions were large.

There are newer reviews for The Gahan House

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Came in on Victoria Day, a rainy Monday in May 2014. Tables were dirty and three different waitresses asked if we were being taken care of and offered to clean off a table for us. Quite hospitable. We ordered the veggie sandwich (a bean burger with mustard and [curry?], with a great mix of flavors) and the lobster salad (not a lot of lobster, but a good dressing and nice arugula). We also split the beer sampler, which had way more beer than we were expecting. Looked like we got to try every beer they sell. We thought some were better than others, of course, but several paired quite nicely with the food. The blueberry beer was, happily, not too sweet. Portions were enough to fill my wife and I. Smaller than the average American restaurant meal but that's a good thing in my book.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I tried a few of their brews and the Red and Brown was definitely my favorite. I asked staff what the recommended as their star dish... so I went with the highly recommended Fish and Chips with Sweet Potato fries. Exceptional!

My only beef is that place is packed with dudes, where are the women of Charlottetown!?

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my dinner here. The atmosphere is awesome, the staff is so friendly, the waitresses are gorgeous, the food was great, and the beer selection was great especially their home brews. One of the best pubs I've ever been to it has everything... except live music

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

The beer sampler is an awesome deal and a great way to try all of the beers brewed in house. You get 10 3oz samples for $12. Service could have been a bit better (more attentive), however the entire experience was great. Pick up a growler of your favourite brew for $18 (including deposit).