“Great food, great service”
Review of The Gahan House

The Gahan House
Ranked #9 of 260 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Gahan House Pub opened in June 2001 and quickly became one of Charlottetown's favourite restaurants. Its unique and friendly atmosphere, food, and fine Ales have helped to establish it as a destination of choice for locals and tourists alike. From our house to your house... Cheers! Hours Monday/Tuesday 11am - 11pm (kitchen close) 12am (bar close) Wednesday/Thursday 11am - 12am (kitchen close) 1am (bar close) Friday/Saturday 11am - 12am (kitchen close) 2am (bar close) Sunday 11am - 10pm (kitchen close) 11om (bar close)
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have been going to Gahan House for years and have seen many changes in the menus and the staff but I always enjoy my experience there. The food is always delicious and the servers are always friendly (even on the really busy nights). Whenever I have friends visiting PEI, Gahan House is a place I always bring them too.

1  Thank Lesley D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed November 25, 2013

went for lunch with my children on a Saturday afternoon, I have always enjoyed the gahan in the past so I was very disappointed on this visit.. I ordered the nachos my son ordered fish and chips and my daughter ordered wings and fries .I was shocked when the order of nachos came to the table. it was a wicker plate with the checker paper with about 15 chips pushed around the edges and all the toppings( lack there of) and cheese melted in the middle. I was not happy ,i sent it back and refused to order anything else . all of the servings were small and certainly overpriced for what they served. i remember the days going there and having a great dinner with good portion sizes ,.i remember the nacho were served on a real plate not paper ,i remember the dish was colorful with homemade dips and salsa with the eatable bowls and lots of fresh toppings. my son enjoyed the fish and my daughter took the small wings home with her. wont be back

6  Thank Doreen A
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stopped in for a meal with some friends. Loved the place. Great atmosphere with older restaurant feel in a old townhouse in the heart of downtown. They have about 10 of their own beers and the Golden IPA was great. Cold and a clean crisp taste right to the bottom. The Bag of Fish n Chips was great. Thin batter and the fries were seasoned perfectly and very tasty. We were there on a Friday night and after 10 it becomes more of a spot for a younger crowd hanging out for drinks.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great location and very nice building! Not a lot of parking space however there is some space with in a 2 minute walk. Very clean and excellent service. Very fast! Food was great and fresh. overall a 9/10.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have a good meal at The Gahan House. I had pizza with chicken and mushrooms on it. They provided great service too! The food was reasonably priced. Waitresses checked on our table frequently which was great. The food was ready at a good time and the table was set up appropriately. In all they served a delicious meal and that's what matters most!