“Neat place to see, food should stay in kitchen”
Review of The Gahan House

The Gahan House
Ranked #5 of 254 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Gahan House Pub opened in June 2001 and quickly became one of Charlottetown's favourite restaurants. Its unique and friendly atmosphere, food, and fine Ales have helped to establish it as a destination of choice for locals and tourists alike. From our house to your house... Cheers! Hours Monday/Tuesday 11am - 11pm (kitchen close) 12am (bar close) Wednesday/Thursday 11am - 12am (kitchen close) 1am (bar close) Friday/Saturday 11am - 12am (kitchen close) 2am (bar close) Sunday 11am - 10pm (kitchen close) 11om (bar close)
Lethbridge, Canada
“Neat place to see, food should stay in kitchen”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

After visiting the brewery my husband an I were recommended to this place by the girl that gave us our your said " it was so amazing she eats there 3 times a week" after going ourselves I'm not sure why it was terrible!
I ordered fish and chips although the fries were tasty the fish was try falling apart and honestly very horrible,
My husband was also not impressed with his meal as he said it was flavour less over cooked and dry ,
We also were not happy with the service the lady pretty much ran up to us took our order and then ran away, pretty much threw our drinks as us and left, after our food arrived she came back to ask how everything was and couldn't even be bothered to stop at the table, my husband pretty much has to yell at her as she was passing to ask for another drink, and I think we were one of the only tables besides a group of 5 that was leaving as we arrived so they can't even blame it on being busy
Also don't know if there was any or not but wasn't even offered a high hair for my son after seeing the cleanliness of the restaurant I didn't want to use one as I figured it would be dirty end gross as well
I myself never did use the washrooms but my husband said were waterless which is fine except for the fact he said " THEY STILL NEED TO BE CLEANED" he said it stunk so bad

I don't think I would give this place a second chance :(

• Visited October 2013

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Attentive Manager”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stopped in to make a reservation early in the afternoon for dinner. When we arrived for our reservation, we were shown to a small table top in the bar. Obviously, our reservation was forgotten. When we made clear our disappointment with the table right at the door, the manager stepped in, told us to have a drink at the bar and he would make sure we got a table for dinner. We did have to wait 20 minutes for our table, but the manager did get us a dining table and not a table top made just for drinks. He also picked up the tab on our drinks.
Definitely bar food at this restaurant, but it was good and it was what we were looking for. Excellent beer!

• Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Great atmosphere, hit and miss food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went for lunch and had fresh, tasty and perfectly prepared lobster fettucinni. We were so impressed that we returned for dinner and I ordered the same. Sadly, the pasta was terribly over-cooked and even the sauce was not as fresh, creamy or tasty as earlier that day. As for the other dishes; average pub fare- not bad, not great. Fantastic atmosphere however so, all in all, not a bad place to spend an evening.

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Good food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very good food. Lobster and mussel are fresh cooked. Very good.
The band was excellent.
Overall excellent place to dine

• Visited September 2013
“Good beer”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice service. They brew their own beer and have various types. I tried the honey wheat ale and I liked it. You can purchased their beer. I did. Food ok. Kids menu available and good.