“Fish 'n Chips better than home !”
Review of The Gahan House

The Gahan House
Ranked #7 of 264 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the original Gahan House, located in the heart of historic Charlottetown. We’ve been brewing craft beer, serving great food, and showcasing the warmth and hospitality PEI is famous for since 2001. When you think about Gahan, you might think Sir John A’s Honey Wheat Ale and Brown Bag Fish & Chips or a great venue for local music and the perfect place to have a meet up with friends. No matter what Gahan means to you, the common thread is it’s always an experience. There are now Gahan locations across the Maritimes and we’re proud to be the ones that started it all. Experience the beer. Experience the food. Experience the culture. Come experience Gahan.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Tried their Fish and Chips in Brown bag - sooo good. I hail from the UK - home of real fish and chips, and can assure your that these were amazing.
Chips crisp, not greasy, Fish succulent, batter not too thick or hard. Wonderful ! the best I have tasted.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,508)

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I happened in on this establishment when our cruise ship stopped in Charlottetown. After walking several miles, we decided to stop for a brew. I ordered a flight of their brews to sample what they had on tap. I was surprised when they brought me 8 samples. I have to say that I found all 8 to be superbly crafted. I settled in on the red ale,but any selection would have been great. Since PEI is famous for its potatoes, we ordered the potato chips for a snack. The chips came freshly fried with bacon, chives and cheese melted on top - yum! There were two sour cream based dips provided - yum again!! I would have liked to sampled the fish and chips which looked excellent. I'd highly recommend Gahan's as they hit the trifecta - good beer, good food, and a comfortable atmosphere to enjoy both.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were looking for a place to eat in the evening on Thanksgiving. We found this pub that had the only brewery on PEI and excellent fish & chips. The service was outstanding and the atmosphere was good, a typical pub atmosphere.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Gahan was just around the corner from my hotel and I read good things about it on TA. It was very lively with standing room at the bar and few tables left so it is a popular local place. The menu was quite different from many pubs with a wide selection of choices. However, it certainly is what you'd expect from pub fare so if you are looking for something approaching fine dining Sims around the corner is probably a better, albeit more expensive, bet. Service was attentive and friendly. The beer is the real reason to come to Gahan. I had the sampler which included a range of lagers to darker brews including a pumpkin-based ale. All were tasty and well done.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Loved the pub atmosphere. Very cozy...reminded me of being in a english pub. You have to have the Brown bag fish and chips , scallops in bacon and the nachos. Will not disappoint. I liked this pub much better that the Oyster house across the street which rate #3 on trip advisor. This is a winner