“fantastic B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottetown
A Garden View B & B
Ranked #5 of 43 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Cleveland
“fantastic B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

stayed here two nights last week, very cute home, gorgeous gardens. Veronica was a very welcoming hostess- she made two tired travelers feel comfortable and rested. Breakfasts were wonderful. Loved the scones and the incredibly tasty muffins. Best fruit and yogurt salad that I've ever had and good coffee. Worth a visit. Easy to get to the main part of C-town.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Veronica is the friendliest and loveliest owner of a B&B we have encountered. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this B&B! The accommodation is located a few minutes drive from the centre of town, but still central. We stayed in the Lilac room (two separate single beds) which was comfortable, with a separate private bathroom directly across the upstairs hall, which had a lovely jet bath. The morning breakfast was overwhelmingly fantastic, changing day to day, which would fill you up and leave you full past lunchtime - and Veronica is an excellent cook!

Overall, we would thoroughly recommend this B&B - you will not regret it.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Veronica is an absolutely wonderful host. Maurice and I stayed at her Bed&Breakfast while on our honeymoon, and we had a wonderful experience. We we very kindly and warmly welcomed, and received much help from Veronica on great places to visit and eat. Mornings were also a pleasure... Veronica is an amazing cook, and her breakfast can keep you full most of the day (there's also take out bags to take food with you :) Overall, my husband and I agree, this is the best Bed&Breakfast we ever stayed at!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Veronica is the sweetest lady and makes a large breakfast. The place is spotless and the garden is gorgeous. As a B&B its a beautiful home and Veronica is very kind and caters to her guests food taste. If you want to have someone who will personally host you and talk to you about everything and anything --then this is your place. Location is 3 min away by car to downtown and about a 20 min walk - there was also a spick and span bathtub with jets and the works.

I am allergic to flour and sugar and Veronica had catered to me for breakfast and was wonderfully kind.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

I don`t write reviews (never wrote one), I generally leave that to my girlfriend. But I just had to after staying in Veronica`s B&B in Charlottetown. I use to only think of B&Bs as a cheaper form of accommodations in cities, and the real vacation is the touristy sights and historical landmarks in the cities. My experience with A Garden View has totally transformed my whole thought process. The best part of my trip East Coast trip (Nova Scotia, PEI, and New Brunswick), most memorable experience, and number one tourist attraction is Veronica and her B&B. Her breakfasts blew my mind. She served some of the best meals I have ever had period. They were 3-4 courses and I often would skip lunch. I found myself looking forward to the meal awaiting me the following morning, more than the meals at the top restaurants in the city or any tourist attraction. She takes great pride in her meals, and it shows. She only uses the best ingredients, almost entirely organic. Her meals are 5 star. I felt like a judge on the TOP CHEF finale.

The minute you walk into the home, you get the sense you are walking into someone`s home as shown in one of those fancy Martha Stewart magazines. The room was amazing. Ridiculously spotless (I`m a neat freak) and comfortable. The tub was romantic and so relaxing. You really get the impression you are staying in a high end hotel with all the attention to detail.

But ultimately Veronica is the engine that makes the experience truly memorable. She is so generous, warm, and kind, you feel like apart of her family the moment you step into her home. She is so motherly, she demanded we call her for a ride back to the B&B if we were to drink downtown!!! This lady genuinely cares for people. Go ahead, ask her about the charitable organizations she helps out. Most people run B&Bs purely as a form of revenue generation, Veronica does it because she truly loves people. Her sons and husband complete the portrait of the all Canadian Family.

My only complaint? How in the world is this B&B not #1! She has 52 perfect scores! Trip Advisor has to reconsider their rating system. Veronica is too humble to toot her own horn, so I had to do it on her behalf.

There. Thats it. The only review I'm ever gonna write.

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

This was our first time in PEI and based on our previous experiences with B&Bs thus far, we were expecting an above average breakfast and basic accommodations. The Garden View B&B, however, is one that is full of love and dedication to the art of a true B&B.

We were welcomed by Veronica, her warmth, gorgeous living space, and her ample knowledge of PEI. The Hydrangea room was fantastic, with a lovely appointed room (lots of fantastic PEI readings as well and pottery from the Dunes) and of course, the wonderful air tub. We felt immediately relaxed and at ease after a long drive from New Brunswick.

The next day, we were amazed at our breakfast spread. Homemade granola and 2 other courses - including muffins which my fiance still is raving about - with fresh orange juice and plenty of coffee. Veronica was able to cater to my request for almond milk and you could taste the love, care, and culinary prowess in her food.

Over the next 3 days, we were treated to a different breakfast course every day (and stuffed beyond belief, but loved it so much we ate it all anyways), given many tips on where to travel the island, many maps and travel guides, dining options, access to eat our lovely (but stinky) fresh lobster in her kitchen, and was made to feel like a part of her family.

I honestly have to say that Veronica, her approach to her B&B, her guests, and her bible of delicious recipes, is what makes this B&B a true star and why her reviews have been 5 star every single time. We would have loved to package Veronica and keep her to ourselves on the West Coast, but I suppose we will have to share her with all the other tourists who will visit the amazing PEI!

I would recommend this B&B to anyone and am looking forward to visiting again (soon! hopefully!) as Veronica and her B&B are truly a one-of-a-kind gem :)

Room Tip: All are great!