“DO GIVE CREDIT CARD TO BOOK.”
Review of Suites of Euston

Suites of Euston
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I had booked a room in early Aug. for 3 night stay in Sept./10. Talked with Todd who seemed very nice. Unfortunatley had to cancel so called back two days later. Could not get ahold of Todd. Left numerous messages and emails but did not hear back from him. When I recieved my Visa bill in Aug. I was charged for the whole 3 night stay. Had to get Visa to straighten this out as Todd never called back at all. Visa went good for the charge but had to wait for three months.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank jvant

Reviewed January 29, 2011

I found Suites of Euston on line and everything looked nice. I email for information about vacancy and the owner, Mr. Munn, called me early the next morning. He seemed to be a very nice person at that time and my feeling was good.

I booked for a two night stay in August and gave my credit card info. I called back the next day to cancel my reservation over 7 days in advance because my husband had to work and our vacation was postponed at the end of August. Mr. Munn told me that he understood the situation and that he would proceed with the cancellation.

In September, I received my Visa statement and found out that the full amount of 205.59$ had been charged the day I booked the room. I called Mr. Munn and email several times to have him cancel the transaction. I even paid a lawyer to have him send a formal notice but Mr. Munn was certainly not impressed since we never heard of him. I wrote to Tourism P.E.I. to inform them about this situation and they told me that they have received numerous complaints regarding this operation.

If you consider staying at Suites of Euston because you think it is a good deal, you should think about if twice. There is a Quality Inn across the street and many other good places within walking distance of downtown Charlottetown.

I will never recommend this place to anyone and I will inform as many people as possible about the place.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
12  Thank DianeCG
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Great location. Within walking distance of all down town Charlottetown's dining & nightlife. Lots of historical charm, origional wood work and fire place. Bathrooms are obviously stuck in the corner and should be updated. High end hostel, low end inn. We did encouter a problem with the bed and the very personable Todd Munn comp'd us a free night, which we will be taking next summer, so yes we'd stay again. Please note all big chain hotels in Charlottetown are way over priced and nothing fancy either. Great price for the location.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peppi2010
fun656849, Owner at Suites of Euston, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2016

Reviewed September 6, 2010

We stayed in this place for a week. It was an absolutely terrible experience. As soon as we got in we started noticing problems. These were just the things we noticed immediately:
-bathroom was small and cramped
-shower had an unfinished wall where the shower head stuck out
-bathroom had no ceiling and the door didn't even close properly
-television remote didn't work
-phone was unplugged and the jack had exposed wiring
-air conditioner barely kept the room cool

After a few days in the room I had killed at least 3 hornets. By the end of our stay it was up to 10. There appeared to be a nest inside of the side "entrance" to our room. I put entrance in quotes because the door was sealed and not meant to be used, but it lead outside. The windows looked out over the back parking lot and one of them had a fire escape staircase right outside it. The room had a double bed inside (we were never offered a choice on the website) which was uncomfortable and noisy.

The worst part of this whole experience was that when I got home I found that my credit card had been charged the full amount for the room 3 times! The multiple charges had been made on separate days which I found very suspicious. The next week was spent trying to get a hold of the owner, Todd [--]. I had to call his cell phone several times to get him to reverse the charges. Thankfully I had Google Voice to make the calls or I would have racked up huge long distance bills.

I would not recommend this place to anyone! There was a quality inn across the street and many other respectable hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank akimbo_beretta
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed in this place for two days and had very bad experience. The parking lot is behind the building, if you are late, you need to park your car in the driveway.There is no room service, I wonder how often they clean the room. The bed sheets were all wrinkled, looked like somebody used it before. The washroom in the room didnt have roof, So you can imagine what will happen if somebody is using it. OMG! Really bad! Pay some more money and stay in another motel. The owner came to collect the money first day itself and asked for cash. But when we booked the room, we have given the credit card info. Later we have found out that he charge through the card also. We had to call him 2-3 times to tell him to cancel that transaction..Never want to go back to this place, never recommend to anyone..

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank mallumtl
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I thought this would be an interesting place to stay for a few nights. I've always liked to support the small operators. This place is within walking distance to downtown Charlottetown. It feels safe. There is an ac unit in every room. The owner is friendly and helpful. My only criticism is the cleanliness of the place. There were a few strands of hair on the mattress, which made me wonder whether the sheet was even changed. The floor was dusty and there were more hair on the floor. You know, if the room is cleaned properly (that is vacuumed, sheets changed etc), this place could be a nice boutique place to stay in.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank cristoph2010
Reviewed July 15, 2010

If you plan on visiting downtown Charlottetown for a couple of days, this is a great place to stay. We were in walking distance to all the restaurants and the waterfront was only a 15 minute walk. The room we stayed in was the George Coles suite and it had all that we were looking for: a private bathroom, cable tv, microwave, mini-fridge and a small kitchenette; all for under 100$/night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple