“Loved the Duchess of Kent!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottetown
Duchess Of Kent Inn
Ranked #12 of 43 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I were traveling with my mom, and we had the third floor turret suite. This was a wonderful suite that included two bedrooms (one with a turret sitting room), bathroom, and sitting area. It was beautifully decorated and spacious and we absolutely loved it. The Inn also has a shared guest sitting room and kitchen on the second floor. Sharyn is a wonderful hostess. She quickly figured out the things that interested us and gave wonderful suggestions for things to see and do and places to eat. Our stay on PEI was so much more enjoyable than it might have been thanks to her help. I highly recommend the Duchess of Kent!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Duchess Of Kent Inn

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had an absolutely amazing time at the Duchess of Kent in Charlottetown! Sharyn is a most unique hostess with quite a unique personality that we found charming. She knew our names upon arrival and was genuinely concerned for our other travelers joining us who couldn't join us for a couple days due to flights. She took the time to do little things to make our trip comfortable, like finding us hats to wear on our canoeing trip so we wouldn't get sunburnt. It's little things like that that made our trip memorable.

We had tons of room and privacy - the house was quiet and comfortable. We really enjoyed our rooms and Sharyn gave us a tour of the other rooms when they were in-between visitors. The house is charming... That being said, being an old house there are some repairs that need to be done, which didn't bother us... We felt very comfortable there.

The house is in walking distance to downtown Charlottetown, which made it really convenient.

All in all, it was a wonderful place to stay, and we'll stay here again if we go back. It was also a very good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a wonderful stay right in the heart of Charlottetown. Our host, Sharyn, was extremely warm and hospitable. She went above and beyond to ensure we were prepared for our outings and knew our way around. The Inn is quaint and personable and it provided the correct feel for our trip. I highly recommend this Inn. You wont be disappointed! Thank you again, Sharyn, for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: We saw all the rooms and they were all lovely. They provide a real Anne of Green Gables feeling!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I arrived without a booking at 6pm on a Thursday night. Sharon the owner is a character, full of knowledge and concern for my good reputation as a solo female traveller. She offered up good bars that played live music in walking distance. Highlighted on the local tourist map the key attractions and how long to stay at each one etc. A charming cold meat, cheese, toast and muffin & fruit breakfast. The room was spacious and quaint, one of many available, including a charming one at the top of the house with asmall turret. Just delightful!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Duchess for two nights while touring PEI as part of our honeymoon on the east coast. It was the first time either of us had stayed at any B&B and will always be memorable. Sharyn was a gracious and knowledgeable host. She was full of ideas about places to go and events to attend in Charlottetown and all over the island. Her location is minutes walking distance from the downtown and waterfront. Our third floor accommodation had the privacy and romance promised to us for a very reasonable rate. The decor is fitting of the Victorian-era and enhances the experience of Sharyn's B&B. We felt like welcomed family! We would recommend the Duchess of Kent Inn to anyone who wants to get most out of their stay in the capital.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband, mom and I spent a few days at the Duchess of Kent Inn during out visit to Prince Edward Island. We had an excellent stay. Sharyn was a wonderful and very friendly hostess. She is very knowledgeable about the area and shared some wonderful tips with us. The B&B is very nice and the price was very reasonable. We would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: The second floor turret worked perfectly. My mom had her own private room and my husband and I had...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I went to PEI for a little get away on my days off from work and stayed at the Duchess of kent Bed and breakfast. There is not one thing I would have changed about my stay. The kindness and hospitality of Doug and Sharyn can not be topped. From the moment we arrived it felt like we were at home. Sharyn showed us our room, and toured us around the house. She also offered us lots of information of things to do in the area, and she was very knowledgable about things going on. The location is prefect, walking distance to everything, the breakfast and room were prefect. When we go back we will definatly stay there again. I would highly recommend staying here if you have the chance.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple