“Wonderful hospitality and good location!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottetown
Duchess Of Kent Inn
Ranked #12 of 43 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Upon arrival, the innkeeper, Sharyn, greeted each of us by name. She is very knowledgable about the area and gave us some great suggestions. Sharyn thinks of all of the little details, like keeping a State Park pass for her guests to use, having umbrellas on hand in case of rain (which we definitely needed on our stay), and bedside flashlights. Her unique personality added to the charm of the inn. The Duchess of Kent is in a great location and is walking distance from downtown Charlottetown and the harbor. It's about a 30 minute drive to the Anne of Green Gables attractions.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Duchess Of Kent Inn

Reviewed June 12, 2012

My family visited the island in June and stayed at this bed and breakfast. The owner was most acommodating and had an entire itinerary ready for us based on our previous conversations. She had maps and brochures marked to help us navigate our stay. She provided 'small talk' conversation during the breakfasts that she prepared for us that helped us to feel like we were natives to the island. In all my trips (from Egypt to Alaska, from Mexico to Canada, from Europe to California), I have not had such an experience. I would definitely recommend the 'duchess' as a unique experience with someone who works at her position 24 hours a day.
Debi Krahling

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I've been to quite a few B&B. This is what I think one should be like. The Hostess is very out going and welcomes you to their home and really makes you feel welcome. She is very knowledgeable of the area and can map out what you are interested in. The house really feels homey. And at a great location just a couple minutes walk to city centre.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jeff b
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Spent nights at the Duchess of Kent. Sharyn was quite the hostess! She greeted us by name,, knowing where we hailed from, and began to map out all sorts of possibilities for our stay. She hit the nail on the head with several of her suggestions; The 1875 house was charming as hell - and our suites far exceeded our expectations! The house is set up for guests to have their own living space and kitchen - which makes it comfortable for both guests and hosts, I would imagine. I, for one, don't like feeling like I'm encroaching on our hosts' space and here, that was not an issue. Sharyn's heart is definitely in her city and her B&B. Quirky is the best word I can use to describe Sharyn's endearing character. We had a wonderful stay at the Duchess and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This historic property was comfortable but with a few frustrations. The innkeeper needs to realize that guests have come to enjoy PEI and not spend 45 minutes or longer on an orientation session especially when your time there is limited. I would suggest that you allow guests to checkin, get their keys and if they have questions or need suggestions they will enquire. The property is in need of repairs and updating. The ceiling in the kitchen is collapsing (hopefully they have repaired this by now) also the free standing tub is surrounded by shower curtains which tend to stick to you when showering and finally the taps are old ie individual taps for hot and cold which is challenging when washing your face. The location is good. Rooms are comfortable. To get to the top floor there are a lot of steep stairs and not be suitable for elderly.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank c l
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Great location of an older inn in Charlottetown. We stayed in the guest room, it was spacious and well decorated. Two large beds, a fireplace, tv, ac, great big windows overlooking the street, private bathroom down the hall. $95/night in the busiest time of the year - doesn't get much better than that.

Hostess was extremely unique, funny in a dry sort of way. Gave my wife and I several maps and ideas for our vacation. Had already HAND WRITTEN things on the map prior to our arrival. She certainly does hope that everyone enjoys their stay. I wouldn't say she is intrusive like the post before me, but she was talkative. She told us about a light show, free museum tours, restaurants that locals like, and more... Very helpful! She also put in quarters to the parking meter outside of our inn when we overslept. She never woke us, just filled the meter. How nice! Her husband was pleasant as well, although we only met him for a minute. Certainly helpful too, but less talkative than his wife!

Would definitely recommend, as it was one of my favorite B&Bs throughout our week long travel in PEI.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I found our hostess, Sharyn, to be too intrusive, especially while we were having breakfast. We would have liked to chat with the other guests who shared our breakfast table but that was not to be the case. The location of the Inn is great!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends