“Offers a great variety to the city!”
Review of The Guild

The Guild
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've been to comedy shows at the guild and they are really fun and the small atmosphere offers a very interactive experience. Anne & Gilbert the musical also plays here in the summer and it was a fantastic play!

1  Thank sdunbar408
There are newer reviews for The Guild

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went to this show with my 7 year old daughter, and we absolutely loved it. The theater was a perfect venue, as it was so relaxed. I've never been to a theater that allows food and drink inside. Some people even came back with ice cream during intermission!

2  Thank boundtogotoPEI
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I am actually not generally someone who frequents musicals often, but we decided to check out Anne and Gilbert the musical since we were, after all, in Prince Edward Island. My wife grew up reading the books at night with her Dad and she brought me up to speed on the story (I was completely unfamiliar with the whole Anne of Green Gables thing).

Anyway, what I want to say about this production is that it is enchanting, fun, and memorable. We were singing some of the songs (e.g. You're Island, You're Island...) for the next week on our vacation. The actors, singers, and dancers are up close since it is a black box theater. We have one of these types of theaters where we are from in Salt Lake City (Hale Center Theater) and it is very popular.

This is a top-notch performance and it is riveting and emotional and I was completely captivated from start to finish. The story is one of budding romance but the plot and songs give you a little bit of the culture and even some of the quirks of PEI and the so-called "Islanders".

3  Thank Jake L
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The theatre is small but the space is well used. We had premium seats and the only complaint I would have is that the seating overall could be a bit more comfortable - I think the chairs are a little high to be perfectly comfortable. The story line is fantastic, the actors engaging, and the sets and lighting are well done. I was mesmerized and totally forgot about life outside the venue for the entire time the show was playing. Loved, loved, loved the show. This is the second time I have seen it (once in Summerside) and enjoyed it equally as much the second time.

1  Thank woolb2017
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I bought tickets to see Anne and Gilbert at the Guild. We bought our tickets at the box office for a 4:00PM show. We were told that General Admission tickets, at over $40 each didn't give us assigned seats, so we should arrive at 3:30 to be sure we could sit together. We were also told the doors opened at 3:30. We arrived at 3:32 to a long line of people, by the time the doors opened at 3:40 and we made our way into the theatre there were no general admission seats empty, so we sat in empty "premium" seats. We were asked to move from there and told to take different premium seats, which we were promptly kicked out of. At that point we asked for a refund, which they were hesitant to give. They told us that we should have arrived an hour before the performance to get seats together. The theatre is tiny, a total of six rows. There is no actual stage just a big floor area and the first row of seats are practically on top of the performance area. The seats are not theatre seats, they are padded chairs that are squished together. In the long run, I'm glad we left, I think it would have been a very uncomfortable two and a half hours. You are much better to go across the street to the Confederation Centre for the Arts, to see Anne of Green Gables the musical. The tickets are cheaper and it's a proper theatre.

15  Thank Gillian G