“For cycling novices and experts alike, MacQueen's is the place for everyone”

MacQueen's Bike Shop & Island Tours
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I had been talking about buying our own bikes for over a year now. A contract job resulting in a summer living on PEI was good incentive. Earlier this year we rented bikes (unfortunately not from MacQueen's as they were all booked) and by the end of our 3 day weekend we were convinced we were ready. We met one of the 'wardens of the Trail' during our travels and he, a cycling enthusiast, couldn't talk more highly about the guys at MacQueen's - and urged us to not go anywhere else.

I emailed that very same man last week to express my thanks, and to show him photos of my very new bike! Yes, you can get a bike cheaper second hand or at one of the chain stores like Walmart or Canadian Tire. But you get what you pay for, and the service, advice and expertise was invaluable. We were not pressured in any way, we trusted every bit of advice and suggestions we were given, we were not rushed, were allowed to test drive a number of bikes on the nearby roads, and when we decided to buy, the bikes were perfectly adjusted to our heights, and personal preferences. Jason, the manager, was super helpful at every step of the way - from choosing helmets and accessories, to fitting the car rack and getting the bikes on it, but also on the phone later when we ended up with a flat tire and needed help figuring out how to use the pump we bought, and not only that, but staying around for us to bring back the bikes after closing to adjust them again and to give us some tips on changing tires, changing gears more effectively, etc.

I cannot recommend MacQueen's highly enough, whether you are looking to buy a new bike, get one serviced, or rent one to see some corners of Prince Edward Island.

2  Thank AJM_13