All reviews island suite redwater rustic grille harbour lights aveda products front desk staff great hotel valet parking is hot tub corner room art gallery downtown charlottetown confederation centre view of the water keurig coffee maker hotel experience on site restaurant would highly recommend this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

We had an upper level floor room with a good view for 3 nights. Unfortunately there was no WiFi in the room as advertised. After complaining, the front desk said the problem would be rectified with a booster. It wasn’t. I had to go sit on a sofa by the lift to get a signal!!! Finally our last 24 hrs we had WiFi. Not good enough!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 218Jan233
Reviewed July 18, 2018

We had a wonderful stay last week at the Holman. Everything about the stay was perfect. The location, the staff, the views and the rooms were amazing. Thank you for making our first trip to PEI a terrific experience.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Joshua H, Guest Relations Manager at The Holman Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Thank you for your very kind review! We're looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

I’ve decided my new litmus test for hotels is how they deal with guests who have fallen ill. The Holman passes with flying colours.

My daughter and I had checked out when she became increasingly unwell. I called Sarah at the front desk - no problem she checked us right back in - she and George at the valet station were so kind all day as I sortied out for supplies for my daughter. Honestly, it made the whole experience much less difficult and I am grateful.

Couple of other notes: if you are headed to the confederation centre for a show, you cannot stay closer - it is across the street.
So, for anyone with accessibility issues it is the ideal choice, as the hotel has valet parking and a good elevator.

The hotel is decorated in Swedish modern - lots of wood and white with green accents. Lovely bathrobes and Aveda toiletries. If you are a fan of the Westin line, it’s a lot like that, and that price point too - not cheap but location, location, and locally owned.

There is a pool large enough to satisfy children and a decent hotel restaurant, but the hotel is also surrounded by some pretty great dining options. I for one appreciated the valet parking - $16/day and in and out as much as you pleased.

All in all our visit had its ups and downs, but I come back to the staff - from Sarah and company at the desk, to the restaurant, to the cleaners, they could not be a nicer group of people.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your kind and detailed review; Sarah and George are key members of our team here at the Holman, and I am so happy to pass along your review to them! We're always happy to assist our guests, through good times and bad. We hope that both you and your daughter come back to see us here at the Holman again soon, and hopefully she's feeling better!

Reviewed July 15, 2018

There are great things and ridiculous things about this hotel. We stayed in a gorgeous room, near the top, it was a suite with a gas fireplace, two large tvs, a pull-out couch, comfortable seating, a work desk, a kitchenette, a large, super comfy bed, and a neat, streamlined washroom with a large tub, an impressive shower, and toilet. Everything was clean, housekeeping was GREAT, staff were friendly and super helpful, and the location and view were perfect.

Now, for the bad - you have to pay for decent WiFi. There is a supposed free WiFi option for twelve-hour intervals, but the speed is so slow that's almost unusable and the twelve hour cap seems to be off. It's INSANE to charge for any WiFi at all, budget hotels even offer fast, free WiFi - so the fact that this higher priced hotel makes you pay for a "premium" WiFi service is lubricious and incredibly greedy.

The other bad element - it's a nice hotel, but it is certainly overpriced. And the restaurant inhouse is also rather overpriced with fairly good food, but nothing particularly great. You're better off going to one of the hundred other better restaurants flanking this hotel in all directions - you'll pay less, eat better, and have more options (particularly for vegetarians).

All in all, our stay was pleasant, and I don't regret our experience - but I probably won't stay here again. But I do want to reiterate that the staff (front desk and housekeeping) were all wonderful.

Room tip: Get a room as close to the top as you can - the view of the city is lovely.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2018

Great location for walking around downtown Charlottetown. Clean, comfortable rooms with very friendly and informative staff. A special "shout out" to Sara at the Front Desk whose dining and sightseeing suggestions were unmatched and spot on. Thanks again for making our trip to PEI most memorable.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Joshua H, Guest Relations Manager at The Holman Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Thank you for your very kind words, and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Sarah is one of our very best, and we're very proud to have her on our team! We hope that you return to the Holman soon, and thank you again!