“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The service was excellent. Minsoo was a very kind and generous host. Food was very good. Tons of options, everything was very tasty and satisfying. The atmosphere was very pleasant, quiet and clean. Prices were fair and a good amount of food for what you get. Service was a bit slow at times but on par for the length of service of every other Charlottetown restaurant. Definitely returning.

There are newer reviews for Minsoo Cafe & Restaurant

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm a real fan of Korean food, as well as sushi. When someone says sushi isn't his/her favorite, I say that is because you may had the not so good ones. Minsoo makes yummy sushi, teriyaki, and curry. My son loves the teriyaki chicken, I like Indian curry fried shrimp and rice.

Samosa is a must try. although I haven't had miso soup for a while, I still miss that. Will try next time!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I'm not the kind of person to go to the same restaurant more than once while travelling -must diversify tastes and what not. Minsoo Cafe & Restaurant would be the exception, I had to come back.

The food was out of this world. Intially seeing the sign "Japanese, Korean and Indian" I thought this was a desperate scramble to pull in the customers looking for one of the three cuisines. No, how wrong was I! Minsoo, the beloved owner, has real experience in cooking not only authentic cuisine (Japanese, Korean AND Indian), but combining delicious flavours into affordable meals.

Like many of my West Coast comrades, we crave sushi, but never really want to even try sushi outside of our hometown. Minsoo offered me some sushi to try and I will never carry this prejudice again: there is real sushi in Atlantic Canada and you will find it here!

The atmosphere is what you've been searching for in planning your trip to the friendly maritime provinces. Just because it's not all pier-side seafoood doesn't mean you're missing out on that legendary Prince Edward Island hospitality. This is hands down the best spot to be treated like a friend and not just a paying customer. I probably spent four hours at the cafe engaged in friendly banter with other patrons and staff. Eat here, and you will come back for more.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

i have visited Minsoo couple of time and had fried rice, topped with omelette and Samosas. This is the first time on Island i have found real Indian taste. Highly recommended for Indian food.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We decided to try the new location, once inside it was fresh and well decorated. There are large tables that are great for family gatherings. We meet the owner who has an interesting background, living in India, Japan and Korea hence the mystery with the diverse menu.
It took some time to get our food as he was short staffed, but he offered up some free samosa's that he makes fresh. They were extremely tasty with a hint of curry. The sushi rolls were average but all ingredients were very fresh. I had the Korean rice as a main it was very tasty with a good array of tastes in the good sized portion.
Over all the food was very tasty and fresh. The owner was very cordial and polite and sent us home with several fresh samosa's to make up for the food wait. The samosa's are some of the best I have tasted.
Overall I will return