Review Highlights
Hands on culinary experience

A chance to roll up your sleeves and immerse yourself in all things culinary. Takes place in an... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
PEIslanderOnTheGo
Summerside, Canada
Culinary Inst Dinning Room!

I could not find a place to review The Culinary Inst Dinning so I am inserting it here because it... read more

Reviewed November 8, 2016
Tempoman
Pickering, Canada

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Charlottetown
from $124.05
from $67.72
from $57.78
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 15, 2013

What a treat working in a huge professional kitchen with all the bells and whistles. I wanted to spend hours in the walk in refrigerator smelling all of the fresh herbs and fondling the seafood. Spending the day cooking with the pros was a thrill...plus you don't have to do the dishes!

Date of experience: September 2012
Brodie C, Manager at Culinary Bootcamps, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic time and yes.. not having to do the dishes is always a nice "perk!" Spread the word and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Really fun and hands on. Instructors and staff were great. Food was tasty and harty and lots of it. Learned lots of tricks to BBQ.
An experience I would definitely do again.

Date of experience: July 2013
Brodie C, Director of Sales at Culinary Bootcamps, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you Nancy for this review. We are happy to see that you had a great time and learnt lots! We always want to make sure that our "bootcampers" leave with new recipes, new skills, new friends and full tummies!!! You can officially say that "You Came, You Cooked, You CreATEd!".... hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had an awesome time at the Culinary Seafood Bootcamp. Small groups with lots of handson help. Many different recipes and LOTS of food to enjoy at the end of the day. Considering attending the grill camp next year.

Date of experience: July 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Brodie C, Manager at Culinary Bootcamps, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your amazing review of our culinary bootcamp experience. We are happy that you enjoyed yourself and hope to see you back for one of our new themes this summer.
Kindest regards,
Brodie

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I attended the Kids 'r' Cookin' camp last summer . I was 15 at the time, I had an amazing time ! I plan on going to the culinary when I finish high school, and this was a great experience . First day we went to an organic farm, planted vegetables and just got to know each other . We picked strawberrys and tasted other fruits and veggies, and then went back to the kitchen to make jam and biscuits . Second day onward, we met in the morning then went to the kitchen at te culinary . Lunch was always provided, either stuff we made or something from te cafeteria . We were preparing for our final meal(where parents came and we got certificates) all week, and the last two days were focused on doing desserts . They were very accommodating to food sensitivities, as there was a vegetarian in my group and Chef Jeff helped her tweak her chili recipe, as well as letting us experiment with different flavors. One of the days we made perigies, and the way they showed us made it extremely easy to make . Now I make them all the time at home :) it is definatly worth the money, you get a chefs coat an hat to take home . We also planted edible flowers to take home . I am looking forward to going this year ! I was a little worried about this being a 'kids daycamp' where we would be making pizza, French fries, easy stuff like that . Nope, chicken souvlaki, corn chowder, perogies, thai chicken wraps, whoopee pies and soooo much more . Definatly recommend !

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

We really appreciate you taking the time to offer such a detailed response to your experience in our Kids R' Kookin' bootcamp. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed yourself and even greater to know that you are considering a career in the culinary. Hopefully, we will see you agian before you become a chef;)
Kindest regards,
Bootcamp staff

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Although everyone involved was freindly and professional , the time there was totally unoranized. The two chefs were quite often busy with other duties and time was often spent looking for items. There was no orentation in the kitchen you were left to your own devises. I would not attend again.

Date of experience: September 2012