“Consistently amazing.”

The Big Orange Lunchbox
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Big Orange Lunchbox is a Funky, Retro, Warm,environment. It is an open space with plenty of room for family's, large tables and events.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've eaten here quite a few times, working my way through the menu- every time I'm surprised at how delicious the food tastes. I knew it would be great but it breaks my expectations every time. This place is THE place for burgers. Hands down.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Decided to drop in to give this place a shot after hearing good things. We were at one of only three occupied tables, but unfortunately there was only one server on so the wait was a bit long. That said, she was very friendly and made some good suggestions about sides, etc. I got the "predator" burger with fries. It came out quickly and I was absolutely blown away. The fries on their own were spectacular - hand cut, obviously never frozen, and crisped to perfection, dipped in a house-made garlic mayo and piping hot gravy. The burger was even a cut above the fries. For any of you who celebrate PEI's annual Burger Love month, well, this burger could have easily been a top contender last year. The perfect amount of spice, delicious crunchy vegetables, and a toasted soft bun, with goat cheese that really topped the whole thing off nicely.

Overall: absolutely delicious and reasonably priced. We'll likely be back, especially if they compete in the 2014 Burger Love.

Slight complaint: the men's washroom was pretty grungy. Paint on top of paint on top of a "jack of all trades" carpentry job, and really awful blue and bright green paint. Time for a reno.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've been there before and loved the food. The new lighting and booths have made it a very cofortabe place to enjoy some of the best food on PEI. I'd reccomend this place to anyone. My new fav spot and the buy local and support local charities and events phylosiphy of the management and staff make me feel like I'm supporting them as well.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Had the pleasure of finally eating at the Big Orange Lunchbox after hearing about it for months. We were actually trying to decide where to eat and were standing outside of the restaurant when a random guy on the street says "that place is [--] awesome!". That made up our minds so we decided to try it out. It was fairly late at night and we were the only ones in the restaurant besides a huge table of 20 or so people. The waitress came over and explained that this group had just came in and she was the only server on so she said that we might be waiting longer than usual. We were in no rush so decided to stay. It was a Thursday and they had tacos advertised for $2. I didn't order them, but two people at my table ordered the fish tacos and said they were absolutely amazing. They both had only ordered one as a side with their main meal to try them, and both said they wished they had known how good they would be because they would have ordered several tacos as their main instead. I opted for a burger and fries and both exceeded my expectations. Overall, considering the guest to server ratio, we still got our meal fairly quickly. Everyone was happy with the food and we were glad that we listened to the guy on the street!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Amazing burgers, gravy, and fries. Everything is local and fresh. Veggie burgers are great even if you're a carnivore!