“I liked the food - and the woman behind the counter ;)”
Review of The Chip Shack

The Chip Shack
Ranked #3 of 255 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Fast Food, Street Food
Description: Seasonal Establishment. Open from first of May to End of Oct. See you in 2017 xoxo
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Creepy title for a review, right? She was very pretty. But I digress...

Fish was good, fries were great. Dipping sauce for the fish was great too.

Only complaint is that it ain't exactly "fast food" as the owner works alone and there's just too many orders for her to handle. Out of respect to her customers, she should probably hire help. But I suspect the profit margins are too small to allow for it. Or she ain't willing to raise her labour costs. Either way, it's a shame, because she offers some good eats.

There are newer reviews for The Chip Shack

Reviewed November 8, 2013

In port for only one day, I passed by the Chip Shack quite early in the morning and was determined to try the fries before leaving this lovely city. Glad I did. Caron greeted me with the most beautiful friendly smile. It was wonderful to meet her, she makes customers feel welcome and she is a very interesting woman. The fries were phenomenal, very tasty, freshly cooked and yes a little greasy, the way real fries should be. If you like lobster it is also on the menu. A must for fries lovers.
I found this wonderful article published in The Guardian in Charlottetown June 10, 2013:
Caron truly deserves her title of Queen of Fries.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We visited Charlottetown in October via cruise ship, and the guide talked about how great the potatoes were (and that we should be sure to try some fries, or "chips"). So when we walked over to Cow's for ice cream we saw The Chip Shack and stopped for a plate of fries. Delicious! I don't eat many potatoes but hubby and I scarfed these up! Especially good with the special garlic sauce. Caron was so outgoing ... even sang Happy Birthday to my husband! We'll be back for more fries the next trip to PEI...

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We found Karen totally accidentally during the long walk across Charlottetown, so no reviews read before, no recomendations, nothing.
That was a surprice, when we faced her personality and delicious food. Great fries, great sauses.
100% recomended !!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very greasy fish and chips. Ate here for lunch and was sick for the rest of the day. I'm sorry to leave a poor review since the owner was so friendly and nice. I don't know what went wrong with the food, but I cannot recommend.

3  Thank JustLola