“I wish I lived in Charlottetown”

Terre Rouge Bistro Marche
Ranked #15 of 262 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Farm-To-Table
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This restaurant is my favourite restaurant I have ever been to.
I went in July, and came back to PEI in August and HAD to come here.... Actually Both trips to PEI I went there 2-3 times in a day (had to come back for gelato)
First I purchased some chorizo cured meats. Ate it all, came back for more and had lunch there.
Mom got the oysters, friend had the ruben sandwich and I had the lamb and beef sausage which was unbelievable.
We later returned for some sauerkraut which is wonderful and dinner.
The next trip I got the 1/4 chicken dinner with beet veggies.
It was amazing!!!
I follow them on Instagram and cannot wait to come back to Charlottetown to go and have another meal there.
The service was great, very informative on my allergies, always double checking with the chefs before proceeding with the order.
Please come to Toronto!
Fresh, Local Food is where its at. You guys rock this!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a place where the owner and staff make a genuine effort to ensure that diners leave satisfied. The food is all excellent and dishes are prepared with flair. Local sourcing is a priority and the care taken to select the best ingredients shines through in the freshness of the flavours, There's too much emphasis on meat and cheese for my personal taste, but if you like house-made charcuterie and great cheeses it's the best spot for such fare. I tend to go for snackier items - perhaps a half-dozen oysters, some organic blackcurrant sorbet and a top-notch espresso. The beer and wine offerings are also very well thought out. All-in-all, Terre Rouge is a real treat in terms of high quality, attention to detail and eagerness to please.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This restraint was recommended to us when we were on the Island. This place was amazing.. Items change according to what is in season at the time. I think that the menu is printed every day, and changes accordingly. When we were there menu items ranged from; PEI mussels, Beet salad, Crispy pork torchon, Arctic char, Belle river crab roll. There is also an chef special that is not on the menu. A $60, $80 or $100 per person dinner that is fit for a king. We were told to go hungry and expect on 2 hours to dine.. We ordered the $60 dollar plates. Our waitress named Heidi ask us if we were allergic to anything, and said all the plates were up to the discretion of the chef. Well, the first plates arrived, and what a work of art and it was so good. They give you plenty of time between meals to relax and enjoy everything with out being rushed. Heidi explained each course that came out, and was extremely attentive of us. All in all we had 7 plates, with cleansing plates in between. The best one I thought was the mushroom toast. When a chef can take mushrooms and make them taste like steak tips, he's doing a super job.. I will be going there again the next time I'm up to the Island!!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Terre Rouge is a definite asset to the restaurant scene in Charlottetown. My husband, sister in law and I had different entrees for lunch and all agreed the food was outstanding..the macaroni and cheese was rich and creamy, the crab cakes flavorful and the pulled pork moist, well seasoned and delicious. I definitely recommend this restaurant. The only limitation is that the seats/ tables are close together, making it less than ideal for a private luncheon experience.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Walked in through the front doors to find a superb French country style bistro with menu chalked on the walls. Local food in cool cases and shelves, home-made and artisan made charcuterie, bakery and chocolate items offered a glimpse of the quality to follow. a quick "amuse-bouche" and we were into the potato crab cakes and Guyere cheese fondue on that cool damp evening. finished with flamed Baked Alaska made with their own pistachio gelato, and a rum soaked base.

Good wine list and very fine service added to a super experience.

Couldn't leave without some chocolate and home-mare sauces for the family.