“Well darn, I was hungry.”
Review of Ristorante Diem - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ristorante Diem
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We chose this place because it looked like it was filling up quickly late on a Sunday night. I can only assume the crowd was drawing for the local entertainment and not the food. The service was poor considering the amount of people there to dine; it seemed servers, who were visible at all times were more interested in the show than the customers. The longer we were there the more evident it became that the only people who were eating were tourists. We sat on the patio and had to read our menus by cell phone light...the 60 year old in my party loved that! We were only presented with a candle, upon request, when our meal was delivered. Our party ordered two entrées, Pasta Pollo, and Moussaka, and for what we were served, at an outrageous cost of $50. There was NO flavour in either of our dishes, they weren't worth a quarter of the price. The chicken in the Pasta Pollo was rubbery and slick feeling. The Moussaka was just large chunks of vegetables thrown together and covered with almost no Bechamel sauce. The salad dressing tasted like oil so we asked for lemon to give it some pep and were presented with a sliver of a bar lemon...
The place next door looked great and as we sat we observed a steady stream of interesting looking dishes pouring out into the patio tables, next time.

There are newer reviews for Ristorante Diem

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Ordered a chicken sandwich, ceasar salad and pasta with sauce. Hummus for appetizer.
The Hummas was good, the sandwich was very bland, as was the pasta and the ceasar salad. We sent the salad back, ate half the pasta and sandwich and left.
The place looks great and the staff friendly but the food is a major disappointment.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We keep coming back because of the great location on Victoria row. We've done coffee and desert here. The coffee sucks usually watery and weak. I once ordered a decaf and sent it back 3 times before I gave in. Deserts are so so. There is good reason the trip advisor rating is so low. Haven't eaten here to be fair but nothing makes me want to.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food wasn't amazing but the service was very good and the atmosphere was nice. The Greek salad was pretty good.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Probably the worst restaurant meal I have ever had for sure will never be back. The penne pasta was soft and the sauce was so thick I had to scrap it off the noodles. Left and went for a pizza.