“Excellent Restaurant”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food is outstanding and the service is wonderful! The chicken pappardelle pasta dish is hands down the best meal I've ever eaten in my life.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

A friend recommended going to the Rustic Grille and ordering the Lobster Cobb Salad, and the concierge at our hotel recommended the Lobster Cobb Salad, and then our waiter recommended the same - and they weren't wrong! The ambience at the restaurant is professional but charming and we found the food to match. The salad was interesting and different (chilled lobster, pickled purple onions, blue cheese, grilled corn, bacon... mmmm) and the bison meatball spaghetti was a hit. The dessert menu is small but mighty and we tried EVERTHING (one each at lunch, and then one each for a late-night snack) and can recommend them all with a personal favourite being the deep-fried apple pie. On both occasions the staff were amazing and we can't compliment them enough.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I have tried Redwater on two different occasions and had a pleasant experience but this time I was informed of a new chef and I am very impressed by where it has come. We ordered oysters to start and they were perfectly shucked and wonderfully presented - well graded wild (not grown) choice PEI oysters. It mentioned a mingonette on the menu but wasn't served with it (not a huge deal). Mussels were phenominal! Prob my favorite part of the meal. My partner had the salmon and I had the bison burger and both were very good. I especially enjoyed the ambiance and my partner and I were in no rush to order our entrees and our server was understanding (not always the case). The next morning we went for breakfast and I very much enjoyed the selection ! We ordered the monte cristo and the eggs/salmon Benny. Delicious! Again service was on point... Thanks to the Redwater staff for making my anniversary extra special!! :)

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have dined here several times with friends and family. It has an easy casual atmosphere. Most recently, I ordered the steamed PEI mussels in "taylored" chorizo sausage with smokehouse tomato sauce. It was an tasty change from my usual choice of mussels steamed in herb, garlic and white wine sauce. This was followed by a small baby spinach salad which was fresh, well presented and generously portioned. For an entree, I ordered the mediterranean flatbread. Unfortunately, I ate little of it because I was already full. It was "doggy bagged" and someone else enjoyed it later. Without neglecting the last details, the wine list was good by PEI standards. There was a broad range of grapes and prices. For those who have enjoyed sister establishments in Alberta, the menu here is less exotic and more basic. I had occasion to dine at the Redwater Grill on MacLeod Trail South last year and was most impressed that they catered to patrons with special needs such as Celiac disease.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Went with a friend - I have heard good things, it wasn't bad, but I have experience better.

Location - Right downtown, which is great, but without their own parking, if we had gone earlier we would of had to pay for parking...thankfully we went after 7pm, so not a problem.

Ambiance - Nice. It was a well laid out Restaurant. Easy to access. The decor was good, lighting nice.

Staff - One HIT and another Miss. Nicole was fantastic. Friendly, outgoing and offered suggestions. And the only reason I left a tip at all. Our server - Erin although checked in with us, asked my companion about his meal, but walked away without so much as addressing me. Even though if she had looked at my plate she might have noticed that something was wrong. And she did this 3 times. Although the last time she did finally ask how my wine was - but it was a clear after thought - and she walked away while I was in mid sentence.

The food - I am a true foodie. I LOVE good food. And I was a bit disappointed by the meal. I ordered one of the Flatbreads - hmmmm DUCK. Which mentioned mango - both as an ingredient on the Pizza as well as in the BBQ Sauce - but didn't taste it at all. Instead the flavours I was looking forward too....Duck, Goat Cheese, Mushrooms and Mango were over powered by Pepper - which was not even mentioned in the description.

My friend ordered the Burger - as part of Burger Love - very difficult to eat due to the very large bun...and initially disappointing. After taking the top bun off - and eating with a fork and knife, the flavours were easier to take in, and it was much better.

Reviewing their menu - there were several items that look appealing, but my concern is that the actual will not live up to the description...

On the bright side - a fantastic wine selection.