“Great service and accomandations”

The Hotel on Pownal
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This Hotel us well situated in downtown Charlottetown. Everything is only a walk away. The
service to this Hotel was a wow! Every 5 to 6 the Hotel is offering you a glass of wine or a beer!
Rooms a clean and well equiped. This place will be my first choice in Charlottetown!

Le service est vraiment super! Le personnel est très accueillants et chaleureux. Tout les soirs
de 5 à 6 l'hôtel vous offre soit un verre de vin ou une bière! Quelle idée géniale! Les chambres
sont propre et bien équipées.
Cet Hotel est mon premier choix à Charlottetown!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ksamuel, Manager at The Hotel on Pownal, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for sharing your Hotel on Pownal experience on this site.

I am certainly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to providing you with many more memorable experiences. Business travel can certainly be hard on a person. It is our mandate to ensure you feel like you are at your home away from home from the second you arrive at the Hotel to the second you leave our parking lot.

We are certainly privileged to have guest like yourself stay with us. Thank you.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel and were very pleased. The modern hotel décor in the lobby carries throughout the hotel and in the rooms and the hotel has an urban feel. The staff are beyond friendly - even gave a tour of the hotel to our room upon check in. The beds were very comfortable and bath towels were plush. Water pressure for showers was good. Breakfast was included and there was a hot egg dish (as well as the regular breakfast fair) that was very tasty. Parking was free- and so was Wi-Fi - which was awesome! We found the room rate reasonable. As others have stated there was no elevator in the building, but this did not pose a problem for us. The hand towels and face cloths (contrary to the bath towels as mentioned above) felt quite scratchy - it was a noticeable difference from the bath towel. When we noted this we used the bath towels for everything we needed and they were great. One quirk that we didn't expect was that our room had 3 doors: one door from the hotel interior hall, one to the outside and one to a connecting room. You might want to ask about this when you reserve if you are travelling with children or travelling alone. There was a fridge in the room which was very convenient. Overall we had a great stay. I have stayed at other hotels in Charlottetown and this hotel is a welcome addition to the accommodation selection in PEI. I would definitely stay here again when next in Charlottetown.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
ksamuel, Manager at The Hotel on Pownal, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your Hotel on Pownal experience with other travelers on this site.

I appreciate your positive feedback in regards to your stay with us especially our staff members, welcoming decor, comfortable beds, wireless internet, parking ,and deluxe continental breakfast offering.

For added convenience, some of our room types do offer connecting door as well as exterior and interior access doors. However, for single travelers, rooms with just one interior door are available as well.

Thanks again for your feedback and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Excellent hotel within walking distance of everything. Room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. All of the staff was friendly and professional. I thought that the free continental breakfast was amongst the best I had ever had, with lots of variety, including fresh fruit. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your feedback on this site.

I am glad that you enjoyed our services and amenities at the Hotel especially our deluxe continental breakfast offering and friendly staff.

Again thank you for your positive comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely location.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Booked online, got a great rate and when we checked in the room greatly exceeded our expectations based on the reviews we'd read. Our room was quite large and well appointed and most importantly for me - clean. There is no elevator though so be aware of that when booking - all rooms are up at least one flight of stairs from the front desk. The continental breakfast was really good. They had the usual options - toast, bagels, cereal, fruit, but they also had a hot egg dish that was very tasty. The hotel is perfectly located for theatre, shopping and dining. It's a bit of a walk to some of the other tourist areas but a beautiful walk none the less. And last, but not least, they have fresh baked cookies and tea or coffee available for free each afternoon. Who doesn't love fresh baked cookies?!? We'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AddieMac
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This establishment and its front office staff exceeded all our expectations for a hotel in Charlottetown. From the upscale room accommodations through to the morning breakfast; all was a notch above anything experienced to date on PEI.
What really stood out was the attentiveness of the front office folks. Any query we had was handled with a smile and a 'can do' willingness to make our stay most pleasant. We had booked 5 rooms and all of our relatives were equally impressed with the Hotel on Pownal.
I do not normally bother with writing reviews; this time it seemed appropriate to do so.

T. P.
Orleans, ON

Room Tip: Note that there is no elevator so carrying luggage upstairs is factor to consider when requesting a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
ksamuel, Manager at The Hotel on Pownal, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for leaving feedback in regards to the Hotel on Pownal on this site. Knowing that it is unusual for you to do so makes this review even better.

Aside from our wonderful location, deluxe continental breakfast, and nicely appointed accommodations, it is our staff members that make this Hotel special. I am so glad that each and every one of them left you with wonderful memories of the Hotel on Pownal.

Thank you again for your many kind words and hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hotel and PEI in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

What a find this hotel was. We were greeted with smiles by the excellent staff, the room was great, very well appointed and there was even a happy hour in the lobby with wine and beer being served to the guests. This hotel is walking distance to all the wonderful restaurants that Charlottetown has to offer. Breakfast the next morning was also excellent. They will even package up a breakfast to go for travelers who are in a hurry.

Room Tip: We didn't choose a room per se; the room we were given was great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ksamuel, Manager at The Hotel on Pownal, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experiences at the Hotel on Pownal on this site.

It is certainly nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to visit some of our local restaurants in the City. I am glad our staff made you feel at home and that the breakfast and guest reception were a hit.

I look forward to be able to welcome you back to the Hotel on Pownal to provide you with more memorable experiences in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here once before and found my room a little small. This time out I called and told them that the room was too small and they were more than happy to help me out. This time I got a suite. It had a stove, refrigerator, toaster etc. There was a small kitchen (but no table), bathroom , living room and a nice sized bedroom. Overall the hotel itself is very modern and really nice inside. The bed was super comfie and I found it a quiet hotel. I was very happy this time out. Glad I came back. I would return to the suite size room. Great location- right across from the Pilot House restaurant which is excellent.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ksamuel, Manager at The Hotel on Pownal, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to express your stay on this site to other travelers.

Your comments are certainly appreciated. I am glad to see that you choose the Hotel on Pownal for a second stay and enjoyed your larger room. It is always a good thing when you, the traveler, let us know how you feel allowing staff members to act and achieve a positive outcome.

Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Island and the Hotel.