“Not recommend”

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Ottawa, Canada
“Not recommend”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This motel is old and in desperate need of renovations. We were given a small room with a queen bed which was like a sauna. The window air conditioner was old and took forever to cool the room. We werent able to close the curtains completely as they draped over the AC. The ice machine was out of order. The floor creeked when you walked in the room.The only saving grace was the front desk was friendly and was willing to give us another room with the AC in the wall. Not worth the price we paid.
Overall, I was not impressed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked one night on here while visiting for business. I come to Charlottetown regularly and this is the first time I have stayed here. I realize it is the base experience within the Choice line of properties, but this was a little too base for me. The rooms need serious updating and renewal, musty smell. Things were coming apart in many ways. The free internet didn't really reach my room well at all. I checked in late so I just went to sleep instead of complain. Noticed an outdoor pool but closed so didn't experience it. The free breakfast was typical of the same in most places really basic. The staff seemed very friendly and also very helpful. But I want a little more comfort and real cleanliness when I travel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

This property is in my opinion a step up from most Econo lodges out there. I booked it online cuz it was in my budget and still fairly close to downtown Charlottetown. The girl who checked us in was very pleasant and quick in getting us settled in. The room layouts were a little strange with the beds being separated by a partial wall where the bathroom is but that didn't really bother me at all. In fact it gives one a little extra privacy if anything and that was kinda nice. Stayed for 2 nights and liked the selection of amenities nearby for food and shopping. I would probably stay here again next time in in PEI.

• Stayed April 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I chose to stay here as I got a good deal online. I wished that I would have booked up the street somewhere else! We walked in and the two beds were placed on either side of the bathroom. I've never seen a hotel room set up that way The amount of noise coming through the walls was significant. Continental Breakfast was pretty standard. Should have spent a little more money to stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank monnomestgrace
EconoLodgePEI, General Manager at Queens Arms Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hello,

Very sorry to hear about your personal experience. Those rooms are unique, there are 7 on the top & bottom of that wing, some appreciate them for the semi-partition privacy it offers. Our hotel is staffed 24 hours a day and with our commitment to your satisfaction guarantee we make to all our guests we could have dealt with swiftly & promptly any noise complaints as reported or have moved you to a more suitable room upon request. We wish you happy travels, and in the future please consider us again.

Kindest regards,

Brody Lambe

Travelers are raving about these Charlottetown hotels

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed with 2 other friends on a trip to PEI. Chose this hotel because it was more economical than others in Charlottetown and hoped we wouldn't be burned by that fact. The staff was very friendly and efficient. I really enjoyed the outdoor pool; it was a little cool temperature-wise, but I don't really mind that, and it was nice to swim outside. The hot tub was luke warm at best however. Continental breakfast was pretty standard, but suited our needs just fine. The waffle station was a nice touch!

We had a "suite" as our room (a bedroom with 2 beds and a living room with a pull out couch.) This was nice because we could drive right up to our door and walk right into our room from the parking lot (room was to the left of the main entrance.) The room also included a kitchenette and a small table with chairs. It suited our needs, but the decor was very outdated; it reminded me of places I stayed as a child 20 years ago. The air conditioning units both chugged away 24/7, but not very effectively. Some of the room pictures here look nice and updated; I do hope they update the drive-up rooms at some point. They would be fantastic if they weren't so run down looking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We arrived on Monday, July 23rd and checked out today Thursday, July 26th. We paid $144/night plus taxes and tourism levy for a king sized bed with a 2 person jetted tub. There was a beer cap sitting on the ledge of the tub when we checked in - which made me question if the tub had been cleaned. The bed and pillows were soft and provided a good night sleep. The a/c sounded like it might die at any minute and even with ear plugs in woke us up one night as it dripped and the motor started chugging harder. There was a brick or vent sized hole in our floor that was carpeted over by the door. The floor was not even at all and I found myself tripping/rolling my ankles in the voids. The shower had no water pressure, which was strange considering the jetted tub did. The shower temperature varied depending on if your neighbors were using the water. It went from warm to cold to scalding without you moving the dial. Was not asked how the stay was when we checked out - figured they didn't want to know, so based on that I decided to write a review.

• Stayed July 2012
miramichi in new brunswick
Reviewed July 17, 2012

When I visited this historic hotel in PEI, I just expected one of the economical hotel.
What a surprise, however! The beds are really comfortable. As soon as I lied on the bed,
I fell down to sleep. It was a super comfortable bed. The hallways and lobby are clean.
Our bedroom is also spotlessly clean. In the morning, the breakfast was so nice. The breakfast items looked like those of luxury hotel's. They have yogurt and waffles,too. Even the staff was really nice. When I was sitting and eating on the breakfast area, he approched me and asked me if everything in my room and that breakfast area OK or not. What a nice experience I have in this hotel. I recommend this hotel 100 % when you go to PEI. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business