“Much better than expected” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites

Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Halifax
“Much better than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

With their rates, we were prepared for something a bit dingy but were very pleasantly surprised. The lobby area was nicely decorated and the room was clean, well-equpped and had very comfortable beds. The breakfast was good as well.

It's very likely we'll stay there next time we're in Charlottetown.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jbrnd
ABoorne, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
I would like to Thank you for adding your comments. Our property has undergone extensive renovations since taken over by new owners and we really appreciate the feedback.
We do have a people pleasantly surprised when they enter their rooms as not expecting them to be as spacious as they are. I am pleased that you will look us up on your next visit and
hope to see you in the future.
Nancy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
naples
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

We stayed here on our first day on the island. After reading other reviews I was a little skeptical. The check-in was the fastest I have ever had. Efficient and pleasant, the room was exactly as promised and the balcony, though small allowed fresh air and a view of a great evening sky. We were very close to downtown via the North River Road and all the big box stores, if desired were close.
Overall a positive stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank looktoski
Westville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband and I were given an upgrade ( queen size bed from double bed ) for the same economy price ($99 plus taxes). We enjoyed having a microwave, a mini-fridge, a coffee maker , a mini-sink and dishes/cutlery in the room. These extras were all a very pleasant surprise! Since there wasn't a hairdrier, I was glad I had taken my own.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank retired39
Ottawa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

I booked this hotel online and asked to be in a quiet area. I also heard that half the hotel was under renovation so I called and spoke to someone to confirm that I would be in the new half of the hotel. We arrived and was given the a room in the old part of the hotel. I would not even go in because it smelled of smoke and the rugs were discusting. I went to the front desk and asked that I be moved to a new room or given a complete refund. They told me because I did it online that I had to given them 24 hrs notice. I told them that I called them and that they confirmed that I would be in the new part of the hotel. Argued, and was given my refund. Awful experience when it is the busiest weekend in Charlottetown and have to try and find a hotel for myself, husband and grandchilel. Would not book with this hotel again. The are owned by an American company.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank LorraineOttawa
memcinnis, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I reviewed your reservation folio after reading this post. You booked a traditional guest room on our website at our economy rate. The website clearly states which room types are newly-renovated. There is no record of you requesting to alter your online booking from an economy room to a newly-renovated room (as such requests are welcomed and accommodated when those rooms are available). As this was the busiest weekend of the summer, the newly-renovated rooms were reserved well in advance.
As is policy, the front-desk staff must consult with the manager before offering any form of refund. This initial hesitance to override the 24-hour cancellation policy may have seemed like an argument, but was simply our employees following an important policy, which is what any good employee would do.
I'm not sure where you were told that Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites is "owned by an American company", but we are proudly Prince Edward Island owned and operated. As a family-owned business, we care very much about each one of our guests' experiences (which is why we will continue to make upgrades to the not-yet-renovated section of the property in the Fall)!
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

After staying 3 nights in a hostel in Nova Scotia, we were looking forward to our own space and peace and quiet....that's exactly what we got! The hotel looked amazing inside and out and they did a great job with their recent renovations. The place looks modern and up to date with new furniture, floors and TV's. The hotel is close to downtown as well as highway 1 and other highways heading north out of town. We didn't swim in the outdoor pool but it looked very inviting and would be sure to try it next time.
There's also a great pub downstairs with cheap drinks!
We would recommend this place to anyone who comes toCharlottetown!!!

1 Thank jdwarren
Oakville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

After spending my first night in Charlottetown at one of the other Inns, I decided to check out Canada's Best Value Inn. The Inn we had stayed in prior to was no frills,with a small TV and no pool. When I inquired about vacancies at Canada's Best Value Inn, the hostess was quite polite and mentioned that there was a few vacant rooms available. I mentioned that my partner wanted a clean spacious room. The room we selected had two queen size beds, and a 32" TV. The Inn also had an outdoor pool, free parking, free complimentary breakfast, a fridge in your room, all for the price of $99 per night which I thought was reasonable. My partner and I decided to check out our room and we were quite impressed and happy so I decided to go back to the front desk and book it for three nights instead of one. In addition, there was free internet but it was somewhat slow.
Canada's Best Value Inn also had a secret eatery in the basement called The Jug. The Jug was an incredibly friendly place with decent prices. A pitcher of Alexander Keith's draft beer costs $ 12.75. It also has daily specials. Fish and chips ( three pieces of haddock and fries with cole slaw cost just under $ 12 which is an very good price. The fish was excellent as was the texture of the batter. The only thing they did not have was malted vinegar. My partner ordered their chicken sandwich on a bun and she mentioned to me it was the best she had ever had....and she has been in some of the best restaurants in the world. I took one bite of her sandwich and I must concur, it was incredibly tasty. On the Thursday we were there, the special was spaghetti with garlic bread....the cost...$ 3.50...unbelievable.......and great for families who are on a budget. By the way, on Friday they had "all you can eat" steamers - 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.....FREE. Would I recommend this place to my friends? ABSOLUTELY....it was an amazing experience.

London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

We booked online and were not advised that the hotel was undergoing renovations at the time. we booke dthe room with a jacuzzi-which was nice and large BUT really bad lighting. They apparently have not heard of black out drapes because they had filmy see through drapes--we were at the front of the hotel with the sign right outside our window so we had that light shining in all night long. There was a little patio off our room where we could sit but again it was at the front of the hotel so we got all the noise from the traffic. Also it was on the 2nd floor--this would not have been a problem it there had been an elevator. We had to lug 2 large suitcases, cooler, and all the rest of our various stuff up and down the stairs. Also there was only a small 3 drawer dresser to put all our clothes in--we ended up living out of the suitcases.
It was close to everything and there was plenty of parking so that was good but the 'continental breakfast' was definately worth missing. The room where it was held was constantly messy and dirty and they had run out of everything no matter what time you got down there. We only tried it once and then paid to eat out the rest of the time.

• 1 of 5 bubbles