After spending my first night in Charlottetown at one of the other Inns, I decided to check out Canada's Best Value Inn. The Inn we had stayed in prior to was no frills,with a small TV and no pool. When I inquired about vacancies at Canada's Best Value Inn, the hostess was quite polite and mentioned that there was a few vacant rooms available. I mentioned that my partner wanted a clean spacious room. The room we selected had two queen size beds, and a 32" TV. The Inn also had an outdoor pool, free parking, free complimentary breakfast, a fridge in your room, all for the price of $99 per night which I thought was reasonable. My partner and I decided to check out our room and we were quite impressed and happy so I decided to go back to the front desk and book it for three nights instead of one. In addition, there was free internet but it was somewhat slow.
Canada's Best Value Inn also had a secret eatery in the basement called The Jug. The Jug was an incredibly friendly place with decent prices. A pitcher of Alexander Keith's draft beer costs $ 12.75. It also has daily specials. Fish and chips ( three pieces of haddock and fries with cole slaw cost just under $ 12 which is an very good price. The fish was excellent as was the texture of the batter. The only thing they did not have was malted vinegar. My partner ordered their chicken sandwich on a bun and she mentioned to me it was the best she had ever had....and she has been in some of the best restaurants in the world. I took one bite of her sandwich and I must concur, it was incredibly tasty. On the Thursday we were there, the special was spaghetti with garlic bread....the cost...$ 3.50...unbelievable.......and great for families who are on a budget. By the way, on Friday they had "all you can eat" steamers - 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.....FREE. Would I recommend this place to my friends? ABSOLUTELY....it was an amazing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful property is newly-renovated (2010) to meet the needs of all travelers to Prince Edward Island. Standard rooms, standard suites, and jacuzzi suites are available. Continental breakfast and free wi-fi are included. On-site restaurant/pub is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canada`s Best Value Inn And Suites
- Canada`s Best Value Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Confederation Hotel
- Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island