Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites
The Harbour House(Charlottetown)
$106
$106
Hotels.com
The Hotel on Pownal(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
$117
Rodd Royalty(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
$107
$72
Orbitz.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Cornwall)(Great Value!)
$87
$73
Travelocity
Dundee Arms Inn(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
$126
$122
Orbitz.com
The Sonata Inn(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
$117
$113
$133
$126
Orbitz.com
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
$141
$136
  • Pool
All reviewsoutdoor poolfront desksecond buildingroom was cleancoffee makerbagelscontinental breakfastbig box storesplace to sleepstay there againmini fridgeeasy accessclose to downtowngreat place to staypeiwalmartsink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I booked two rooms about 2 weeks prior to traveling to C'town. One room was ready when we arrived from the ferry around 1 pm and the other about 15 minutes later. All of us were happy with the rooms. The breakfast items were more generous than I expected. There was free wi-fi. The location was convenient for the shows we were attending. I liked the chatty person who checked us in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments on your recent stay with us.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us from your check in to our rooms to breakfast.
We do try to have all of our arrival rooms ready as soon as possible so we can accommodate you.
Hopefully we will see you again on your next visit to Charlottetown.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you're looking for fancy, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for clean and quiet with your basic essentials for a fraction of the price of other Charlottetown hotels, then make your reservation now. I waited too long and almost didn't a room but thanks to a determined "Shelagh", I got a room for 2 nights. I prefer a room along the front of the hotel but I couldn't be fussy so I took a room in the back. The back is nice and quiet but if you have kids who will be swimming in the pool, you can see them from your room if you're in the front. The beds are decent...not the best, nowhere near the worst I've ever slept in either. We didn't hear any sounds from other rooms.....walls aren't thin like some places. Walk out your door and over a small hill and you're at Walmart, Gap, Old Navy, Shoe Company and many other big retail stores....and just a bit further is a Tim Hortons for those who love their coffee.on the other side (5 min walk) Canadian Tire, Superstore......great location!!!! We were just under an hour from Shining Waters and 15 minutes from Rise and Climb.....Breakfast is free and has lots of options....tea coffee, juice, make your own waffle, toast, bagels, cereal, fruit, muffins. The staff here is always friendly and accommodating. This is my first choice when staying in PEI. If you want the negative, you can scan the rooms (mine anyway) and see unpainted, unfinished trim, some caulking had split away from the tub/floor....things that really don't bother me a bit....I have that in my own house!!! lol The front rooms seemed newer to me and they have both a front entrance and a back (the back has a little patio area with a table and chairs. We paid $99/night incld breakfast and parking, wifi, etc. The pool is very clean. They have chairs and loungers around the pool and a large container of towels as well. I'm not sure what the pet/smoking policy is but I didn't smell any smoke and saw no sign of pet hair in my room (I mention that because both would bother me). We left behind a child's golf set ($4.00, very cheap) and they called after check out to let us know.....This is a great little place....give it a shot!! :)

Room Tip: Get a room in the front if you're social or have kids using the pool. Take the back if you want a quiet spot with not many people around.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BoulevardBiker
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad your overall experience with us was good and you enjoyed your accommodations as well as breakfast. you are correct in that the front queen rooms are more spacious and have a great view of the pool to keep an eye on things. We are also always touching up rooms and now that fall is here will be concentrating on minor upkeep such as painting, repairs etc that some of our rooms may need.
Our location is a big drawing card as we are right in the shopping area and yes Tim / Robbin lovers...we have a store on each side of us.
Again thank you for your comments and I hope to see you next trip to PEI

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We booked this hotel two weeks in advance based on both the price and the photos. When we arrived we began to see signs of "old" and not very clean. We read that check-in was 2 o'clock but when we Arrived we the lady at the desk walkie tallied someone to find out if our room was ready...not even close. We were told at 3:45 that it would be another 10 minutes...we drove around back to our room and the cleaners were just going inside...hope clean up usually takes longer than 10 minutes. When we were able to enter my stomach turned...stains on the mattress, floor and a dinginess that turned my stomach...there was no way my family was staying here. We passed in our keys and the lady at the desk didn't even ask why. which lead me to. believe this wasn't the first time this happened. Lesson learned...don't believe what you see in pictures because they can be VERY deceiving. Thankfully a very reputable and clean hotel was available down the road...had to pay more but quality was excellent and very much worth the difference! JD...Cape Breton

Room Tip: Ask someone you know and trust for a good place to stay...never rely on the photos!
Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am sorry our motel was not what you expected when you arrived. I know it can be very tiring to arrive at your destination to find out you have to wait again. We did have a high turnover in check-outs the last couple of week-ends with 80% departures so I do apologize as the housekeepers were running a little behind on having the rooms 100% completed by 2:00pm . We are actually in process of having the time changed on website so future guests should not have any delays at check-in. We have been getting quite a few compliments on our back rooms with the new comforters and curtains & especially with the walkway added and the lawn at the bottom end. I have advised my staff that if a guest decides they want to go elsewhere and it is still early in the afternoon, I would not hold them to staying here. Usually when we have larger rooms or different styles of room to show you, would offer this, but unfortunately we have been sold out and were not able to offer this to you.
Again, my apologies and we invite you to visit us on your next trip to Charlottetown and have a look at our Queen upgraded rooms.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I went to Charlottetown about 4 times in the past year and this was by far the best experince I had there. The rooms were HUGE, but if the price difference is not too high, stay in the new wing. The staff were always friendly, and I was close to everthing. They even had a good quality television for once, not just some cheap LCD from the drug store.

If you have a family they will enjoy the poor, personally I appreciated the patio chairs in the back of the room.

Fantastic Place to stay !

Room Tip: Like I said, pay up to the newer rooms if its not too much more.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind word on your recent stay with us. Our Queen rooms do get lots of compliments especially the patio on nice sunny days. The pool also is a big attraction on a nice hot day to also feel the breeze of the outdoors and relax in the chairs.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We liked this hotel a lot. The rooms were fine, the rate was decent, and the location is very convenient to nearby shopping, downtown Charlottetown, the airport, and the north coast. A bonus for pet owners is that they don't charge an extra "pet fee". One glitch was that it was unusually hot one day during our stay (90F/32C) and the air conditioner wasn't working; the staff bent over backwards to try to help, and the next day they were able to switch us to a different room (in which the A/C was somewhat weak but working). The continental breakfast was nice, but the "make your own waffles" was hampered by demand; one day I walked over three different times throughout the morning, and all three times there were people waiting for the wafflemaker. If this is typical, maybe they should buy a second wafflemaker? Anyway, these were minor flaws, and our stay was enjoyable, especially since the staff was trying so hard to help us out with the A/C. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for adding your comments on your recent stay with us. Sorry to hear about the a/c not working proper, but I am glad you were looked after and moved to a better unit. Our location does get alot positive comments on close to shopping, downtown area, university and other popular spots. We get alot people over for the vet college and they love it here due to location and wide area to walk their pets. Yes I have to admit our waffles are great in demand and we are actually looking at rearranging to accommodate another machine.
Again, thank you for your comments and I hope we will see you again on your next visit to PEI.