“Best value for you money in Charlottetown”

Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Fredericton, Canada
“Best value for you money in Charlottetown”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was recently in PEI to watch my cousin play hockey in Summerside, but decided to meet up with some friends in Charlottetown during the weekend. I had stayed in Canada's Best in Summerside and they said their Charlottetown hotel was probably on of the better rates in town (they knew I was on a relatively tight budget). After looking around online and making a few calls I agreed with them and booked a room here.

I had asked for their best rate and they had a couple of different kind of rooms (jacuzzi, 2 queens, 2 dbls), so I went with the cheapest option (2dbls, $69). The guy on the phone said that the more expensive rooms were bigger and completely renovated, but that my room was also updated and clean. When I checked in I saw that my room was in the second building, but it was way better than I expected... definitely worth the 69 bucks. It's not 5-star living but I could definitely tell it was new carpet, flatscreen TV, etc. Suited my needs just fine!

Great location (right by Walmart, Sobeys, the Mall, and restaurants), free breakfast (waffle maker!) and a pub/bar below the lobby. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: On a budget? Get a room in the second building. Need more space/upgrades? Take on in the first bu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at Canadas Best Value. We have done alot of upgrades in past couple of years and continue to work on them. Our Traditional Guestrooms are very popular. Our restaurant/pub is def. an asset as it is convenient to be able to telax for the evening but still get a good meal at a good price,
Again, thank you for your comments, and I hope to see you again at our spot.

Nancy Leslie Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites in early May. The staff were friendly and informative-suggesting many things to see and do around Charlottetown. It was about a 5 minute drive to downtown Charlottetown and a 2 minute walk to the Charlottetown Mall. The suite was updated with a flat screen TV, comfortable king size bed and jacuzzi in the main room. We were also happy with the continental breakfast that was offered with our stay. Lots of variety in a bright, inviting room. We were able to enjoy dinner and drinks at the restaurant/bar and not have to worry about getting a cab which was very convenient. All in all, an excellent stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us from your accommodations to your meals. I also want to thank you for taking the time to add these comments here. Our Jacuzzi Suites are very popular and word is getting out to people about Dave...our head cook. He does an amazing job in the kitchen.
Again, thank you for adding your comments and I hope if you are ever back this way you will look us up again.

Nancy Leslie - Manager
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A very clean and quiet motel in Charlottetown.
Easy walk to the mall and 2 large grocery stores
Very helpful and friendly staff
Well appointed rooms
Easy access to the airport and highways as well as downtown.

The only little suggestion is they need to put a clothes hook on the back of the bathroom door. No hook or towell racks in the 'loo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Greetings.
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments on your recent stay with us. We really appreciate the updates for future clients to know how you enjoyed your stay with us. I am taking your suggestion regarding bathroom hooks to our maintenance department. We appreciate the feedback as we want everyone to enjoy everything and hooks is not a major task. As you said our location is very good with the malls right here as well as rinks. I hope on your next visit to PEI, you will look us up.
Again, thanks for your comments.
Nancy Leslie Manager
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Best Value Inn and Suites in early May -- before PEI's busy tourist season really kicked in. I was part of a large group and was told that planning the event was made much easier as management was very willing to work with the organizers to make it a success. I shared a room with two other people -- we had two queen sized beds as well as a roll out cot. All were in good shape, clean and very comfy. The bathroom -- at least in our room #108 -- appeared to have been recently updated. There was an excellent complimentary breakfast that included an on-demand waffle maker,and it was a hit with many in our group. Also on offer were several cereal options, yogurt, toast, boiled eggs, and bagels. Downstairs there is a small pub with friendly and helpful staff. The Friday night trivia was a hoot. Keep in mind that the kitchen closes at 9 pm. This was not the Taj Mahal, but if you want a reasonably priced, clean place to call a home base in the Charlottetown area, then this is a good bet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MsVickiG
Greetings.
Thank you very much for your kind review on our property. I am glad your group enjoyed the breakfast and yes the waffles are a great hit with most people. We have since added eggs and yogurt to the continental as well. Our rooms are getting more and more compliments and we are always open to suggestions to make stays even more enjoyable. I am happy to state that I do have a good front line staff who go out of their way for the guests. Our rest/Pub is also very popular with the locals for the food and specials we offer. AI hope you look us up again on your next visit to PEI.
Again, Thank you for your comments
Nancy Leslie - Manger
Halifax
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

The jacuzzi suite is fantastic, clean, king size bed, sliding door to access patio, restaurant/bar is a bonus to have in the same building, the bathroom is perfectly adequate as well there is a sink in and out of the bathroom so you don't have to wait to wet a cloth or whatever it is that you need to do with water, the jacuzzi is fantastic , the breakfast is great, hot waffles, bagels, fruit, hot and cold beverages , cereal etc, all in all it is quite a nice spot , and it's cheap, pool is outside and there is an area for children to play on slides and swings .2 blocks roughly to shopping , and there are a lot of fast food or dine in restaurant's within minutes.
I belong to the grand bahia principe privilege club where all there facilities are top notch and as goes for the canadas best value inn , coming from a honest and well traveled vacationer I would strongly recommend this location as probably one of the best values you will find in Charlottetown , PEI.
Send me a message if you have any questions, I will give you an honest answer.

• Stayed March 2013
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I want to Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay with us. We have done major renovations to our property from the drive-up units to the Jacuzzi Suites and now it is getting the word out so more people realize what we have to offer. We also changed our continental breakfast so I am glad you also enjoyed our choices. The Jug, our restaurant , is becoming more and more popular even with the locals with our specials and all day breakfast
Again I am glad you enjoyed your stay and Thank you again for your high praise on our service,
accommodations and opening the door for additional comments. I hope to see you back again with us on your next visit to PEI
Nancy Leslie,,,,Manager
Saint John
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had a nice drive up room with stove, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster etc.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. Internet worked well. The heater/ air conditioner was quiet and kept the room at a constant temperature. I will be staying here again on future trips

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for adding your comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad it was good and plan to stay with us on your next visit to PEI. We try to ensure all guests leave happy with this same
intent....to return again. Again thank you for taking the time to add your comments and I look forward to seeing you again.

Nancy L
Manager
moon river
Reviewed November 9, 2012

room 110, wifi didn't work,signal strength was just too weak. the hotel even had two networks to login into, .... canbest network and canbest eng network. neither worked. I tried my laptop and my ipad. I really need it to work for business. really a shame b/c otherwise it was a very nice place. if they can fix the wifi I would definitely stay there again. wifi did work fine in the lobby. But if I had known it wouldn't work from my room, I would have chosen another motel.

Room Tip: don't pick room 110 for internet, try a room much closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for adding your comments. I am sorry your last stay with us was not as pleasant as it should have been due to poor wifi connections. We have since had someone look at our wifi
routers to ensure that all rooms are getting access easily. On your next visit to PEI, please drop by again and give us a 2nd chance. If it ease yuour mind, we also have rooms upstairs or we could reserve a room close to the office as I know not having connections when you are busy can be very frustrating.

Again, thanks for bring this to our attention, but please do drop by to give us a 2nd chance.

Nancy Leslie