Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites
Queens Arms Inn(Charlottetown)
Sherwood Motel(Charlottetown)
Suites of Euston(Charlottetown)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor poolfront desksecond buildingroom was cleancoffee makerbagelscontinental breakfastbig box storesplace to sleepstay there againmini fridgeeasy accessclose to downtowngreat place to staypeiwalmartsink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We booked 2 rooms and my parents were upgraded from 1 queen to a king size jacuzzi suite. Wow! What a beautiful room. The boys took advantage of the outdoor pool and the girls opted for the jacuzzi tub. The other room was 2 queen beds and also brand new. Both rooms were very modern and clean and both had small outdoor patios. My only complaint was that the on location restaurant was only open until 7 pm.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments on your recent stay with us. Our Queen Rooms and Jacuzzi Suites do get alot of compliments to the sleep on new matresses to the relaxation of sitting at personal patios in the evenings. Our hours in the Dining Room has always been topic before our season starts as can be quite busy between 11:00 am and 1:00pm with hotel guests and locals, but evenings you just never know. Alot guests take in a lobster supper or alot will eat earlier and we found 8:00 pm closure was the best early week and 9:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Again Thank you for your comments and please look us up again on your next visit to PEI

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The room was old, bed boards had chipped off paint, the washroom ceiling had mold, the tv looked like its about 30 years old, same as other appliances. The towels had stains on them. The only nice thing was the breakfast with make your own waffles. Summary - the price is low, but for the same pice I stayed in a motel in PEI, that was like 5 star hotel compared to this place. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone, and will never go myself again. They might have other renovated rooms that are in better shape, but the one we stayed in- I would be ashamed to rent to anyone a room like that.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I am sorry your room was not up to your standards. It has been a major ongoing task for our owners updating the rooms since they took over. They are still in process of changes and unfortunately some of updates were put on hold due to the demands of our summer season. I have spoken to our housekeeping and maintenance departments thou as clean linen and marks on walls or ceiling is a top piroity with us. I spoke with all staff and daily inspections are now done on all rooms to ensure this does not happen again.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The first problem we saw was the door step wood rotted out. The interior wall was plastered and not painted,a screw missing from night latch on door. When looking at the 2 double beds only one had a headboard. The frig was old and had to lift door to close it. When entering the bathroom you could see mould on the lower tiles at floor level. Outside there was only 1 chair for each room also one chair in the room. To sum it up including the t.v. everything was ancient. When I complained at the front desk the answer was you got what you paid for .

Room Tip: I heard the renovated rooms were better but when making reservations I was not told this.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I am sorry your stay with us was not a pleasant experience for you. I do note all your issues and have sent our maintenance department to take care of them. We are also having the department check all rooms to see if there is maintenance issue and to have them fixed as soon as possible. I do hope if you make it back to PEI, you will look us up too see our deluxe Queen Rooms or maybe even one of our Jacuzzi Suites would be a nice treat. All these rooms have their own personal patio with table and chairs. Again, Thank you for bringing to our attention so we can have fixed.
Nancy Leslie manager

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here two nights along with other family members who also rented a room for two nights. Our first night was perfect but our second night was horrible with us only getting a couple of hours of sleep due to a dog in the room next to us. The dog started barking non-stop at around 5pm and didn't stop until about 2-3am in the morning. We called the front desk at midnight to complain. The clerk said they would call the room next to us. The dog did not stop so at about 1:30am in the morning, we called the front desk again and they said nobody answered the phone. When we checked out, we again expressed our dissatisfaction, but the clerk just responded with, "I'm sorry, there is nothing we could do." I don't feel we should have had to pay full price for a second night. I feel, the guest with the non-stop barking dog should have been held accountable for our second night bill. We enjoy travelling to Charlottetown, but for future stays, we will look elsewhere for accomodations. Very poor customer service!

5  Thank ace218

I am sorry your 2nd night with us was not as enjoyable as your first night. Unfortunately our hands are tied when it comes to entering an occupied room . The clerk tried to reach the guest by phone and going there but no response. The day clerk did not bring it to my attention at all as she thought she had resloved it upon checkout and was really surprised to read comment here. I have implemented a new policy where I will hear about any concerns and can contact the guest myself to see if all has been resolved to satisfaction. I do hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to PEI. We will ensure your neighbors are pet free so this does not happen again.

Nancy Leslie Manager

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were amazed with this motel. We have stayed at many motels and have paid alot more money for rooms that were not as good. "Dont let the low price fool you". The check in was very easy and fast. The gentleman on the front desk was great to deal with and was very good at giving us all the info we needed about the motel and the area. He recomended that we visit the Jug down stairs and we can say that the service there was great! The chef needs to be commended as the Steak was second to none. And you cant beat the new PEI baked potatoes. The breakfast which is included in the room rate is well stocked and the fresh walfles is a real bonus. The room we stayed in was in the second building across from the outdoor pool. The room was a good size and had two double beds that would be rated 8 / 10 for comfort but 10 / 10 for being clean . The room was well equiped with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a flat screen TV. The bathroom was very clean and the housekeeping staff done a very great job cleaning our room and restocking with fresh towels. The third night our AC stopped working and after a qick call to the front desk within 5 mins the gentleman arrived to fix it for us. We could not beleive how quick he got there as it was after 8:00 pm and to our surprise we found out not only are they covered 24 hrs a day the had a spare AC on the shelf. The new AC was installed and mess cleaned up before we knew it. The same repair man made a point to come back the next day to make sure we were comfortable in our room. The grounds and the pool are well kept 10 / 10 and is the only place we have ever stayed and seen a person going around picking up the cigarettes butts off the grounds We decided that we would like to stay an extra night and the lady on the front desk arranged it for us with a smile. On our last night our children were in the pool and when it came time to close we were told that because it was our last night the pool could stay open for an extra 30 mins. The check out was really quick and the gal on the front desk thanked us for staying with them. The staff are well trained and made us feel right at home. Thank you and we will stay at your motel during our next visit to PEI.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to put your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and also I am very pleased to hear your comments about the staff. I try to stress the importance of guest satisfaction and cleaniness. I am also glad our Pub is getting good review as sometimes it is overlooked. I thank you again for your review and I will be sure to pass onto staff on
on job well done.
I hope to see you back in our area soon.
Nancy Leslie