“ADVERAGE”

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Toronto, Canada
“ADVERAGE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed here a while ago and it was an Adverage motel. Didn't eat at the resturant, but it looked ok. Lobby looked newly updated. Rooms were spacious and had both front and back doors... rare for a motel. Bath seperated living area from bed area. Inground outdoor pool too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank checkoutmywebsite
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for submitting your comments. We always take these comments as a positive re-inforcement as to where we can improve. Our patio rooms get alot positive feedback as they are spacious and guests enjoy private sit-out area. Alot new polices are now in place now that renovations are done, one being daily inspections on all rooms.
I do hope on your next visit to PEI, you will look us up again.

Nancy L.
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

This hotel offers well kept rooms for a really low price, as a representative, I have visited my share of hotels in Canada and the US. In this price brackett, this hotel tops all of them, excellent restaurant as well for a home cooked meal. It offers the exact same continental breakfast as the other hotels. The only negative critic if I may, the ceramic floor in the bathroom was very cold, might not be well insulated.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank nikolaos19
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments on your stay.
We do get alot compliments with our Pub and can be quite busy at lunch time with the local workers. I have passed your comments on to the owners regarding the cermic tile in the bathrooms. We are still in the touch-up stages of our renovations from last year and all comments are looked at for improvements.
I hope on your next visit to PEI, you will drop by.

Nancy L.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

room was fine, pool was fine, staff was nice, breakfast was fine.
only complaint would be that there was a big step up into the room. which was awkward with luggage and hard for my mother because she is elderly. so if you are an elderly person you may want to ask if there is a room without a big step up.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank wantstogotoguatemala
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments here. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and yes I agree we do have a few rooms that have a bigger step to enter the rooms. You are also correct in stating, if possible, to let us know at reservation time and we will do what we can to ensure your room has easier access.
Again I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope on your next visit to PEI, you will stop in to see us
Nancy
Sales Manager.
Charlottetown, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I recently stayed at this property the last week of October, 2011. I booked a renovated Jacuzzi Suite for 2 nights for myself and my wife. The reception area was adequate and the check-in clerk was very friendly. Once we went up the short flight of stairs, the hallway to the room was less than impressive with old carpet and chipped paint on the door trims. Our room itself was ok, very clean and and spacious for the price with a newer model Flat Screen TV. The room looks fine at a first glance, but the maintenance detail was very poor. There was a face-plate missing off the electrical outlet behind the Flat Screen. Not a big deal because the receptacle is 6 feet from the floor, but if a face plate was missing at a lower level, it would be 1000 times easier for a toddler to stick something in and light himself up!! The pot light in the area when you first walk in was hanging a good inch & half out of the ceiling. The bathroom was small and did not look to be renovated. The flooring was brand new, a nice dark laminate, but all around the baseboard I could see where the painter dripped and didn't clean up very well. There was white smudges and drip marks of white paint on the brand new floor. I realize that paint drips do not affect a persons sleep and I won't include that in my overall score. It looked like a drunken college student was hired to do the painting, a shame for a room that was recently renovated. If owned this hotel, firing the painter would be one of my first priorities. A room that has been renovated should not be missing receptacle face plates or have light fixtures half hanging out of the ceiling. The jacuzzi was a nice touch, perfect for 2 to relax. The bed was average and I'd rate it about a 6 out of 10 for comfort.

It's very close to shopping and only 15 minutes from downtown Charlottetown. It's an average accommodation for the price, if you get an online deal and need a place to crash, it would be adequate. If you book a renovated room, don't let yourself think you are getting a brand new accommodation........."LIPSTICK ON A PIG" would be a more realistic expectation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CommanderRyker
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
I am sorry your opinion of our suites were not up to your standards as we always get such positive repsonses from them. Our Suites are totally renovated from new furniture, flat screen tvs to new King Size Beauty Rest Matresses to which we usually get comments on best sleep in a long time. The flooring in all rooms, hallways and stairways was part of the renovations. They are scheduled for steam cleaning before and after our peakes season. I thank you for bringing it to our attention with the other areas and I checked with our maintenace department and he did fix the faceplate and pot light. I have also scheduled our maintenance department along with head headhoukeeping to do a thorough check as to paint dropping on walls or floors as this is definitly something we would want taken care of. Again my apologizes on your experience but please keep in mind after a busy season, there is wear and tear on rooms and we try our best to update and repair on our quieter months.

Nancy
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

We had booked another through an online site and they wouldn't honour price. DId another booking for this hotel, drove down the street and although they hadn't received any info of my reservation yet they cheerfully gave us a room and honoured the rate. We stayed in a remodeled room with kitchenette and it was wonderful & toiletries were quality products. Free breakfast was good with reasonable choices and quality. Were not able to use pool due to weather but it was open and we were told it was heated.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank wrenchpro
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
I am pleased to hear that your experience with us was pleasant and you enjoyed your stay. Customer service is very important to us and it starts the minute you walk thru the door. Our new kitchnette area does get alot comments. It is too bad our pool was not open. I do hope that your next visit to PEI will find you back with us and I thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Nancy...Manager
Algarve
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

A Good welcome and very large room with kitchen, unfortunately not one of the updated rooms which we were told are much better (so ask for one if you are booking).
All very clean but tired.
Good for the shops but a distance from the historic center.
Breakfast very basic.

Room Tip: Try to get an updated room. nees a car to go to the historic center.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Than you for taking the time to add your comments. Our new renovated section does get alot comments. Our residental suites which you were in get comments on how spacious and privacy as separate bedroom. Our location is very convenient to all as close to shopping, university, and vet college. To get downtown , it is a 10 minute drive. We are always open to ideas on improvement. We added the waffle machine to our breakfast area which was a big hit. Again, I thank you for adding your comments and I do hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to PEI.

Nancy...Manager
Flemington, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Hotel room was clean and updated but when we booked the room online, I was given a price which was confirmed but they would not honor that price. I called the hotel twice to get this problem corrected to no avail. I then called my credit card company and are filing a dispute. Two weeks later I get another charge from them on top of the previous charge for a two nights stay. Now the credit card company is filing another dispute along with us filing a formal complaint to corporate headquarters. Take our advise. Stay away from this hotel

Room Tip: Nice room but not well designed.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie D
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
I am sorry your experience with us was not satisfactory. I do apoligize for the delay in getting your funds credited back to your account. Sometimes from my end it takes abit to get the
information back again from accounting to get the credit processed. I do try to get to the bottom of all complaints as customer service is very important to us.
Again I am sorry with everthing concerning your reservation and wish you better luck with future travels.

Nancy Leslie