“Excellent Tour”

Top Notch Charters - Lobster Excursions
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Charlottetown
More attraction details
Owner description: LOBSTER FISHING EXCURSIONSGet up close and personal with a lobster. Smell the salt air, feel the gentle breeze against your face, enjoy the thrill of taking a lobster right out of a trap, and savour the experience of a traditional Prince Edward Island lobster supper aboard the 45-foot fishing boat Top Notch.Aboard, you’ll discover what it’s like to: •haul a trap or band a claw•take a turn at the wheel•learn about the modern technology used in today’s lobster fishery•delight in Captain Mark's tales of the industry’s early days•sail into the Northumberland Strait, past historic Port La Joye/Fort Amherst and scenic Governor’s Island•experience breathtaking views•pass the home of Island sea birds and marine life•savour one of PEI’s true pleasures --- fresh lobster
Lachute
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went for the dinner cruise on Tuesday Aug 27, we had a wonderful time. Mark and his wife Patti Lynn were the consummate hosts, they treated us like family... we had a wonderful dinner.. and a truly wonderful memory to take home.

Brenda, Dan and Tracy Cabel Lachute Quebec

Bowmanville, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top Notch is truly TOP SHELF”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Thank you so much Mark and Cody for a most memorable morning on the water.
We were supposed to go out the morning before but the weather did not co operate. You were soot on Mark with your forecast for the next morning and the weather could not have been better. I didn't think there was that much to learn about a lobster, but Mark you did a fantastic job of keeping the interest of our group of 9 that ranged in age from 6 to almost 70. There was something for everyone and the kids still brag about you and Cody to anyone who asks "what did you do on your summer vacation?".
There cannot be a better excursion offered by anyone else as you are truly TOP notch!!!!

Visited July 2013
Port Dover, Ontario, Canada
“High Seas Adventure”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

If you are looking for a fun few hours this is the place. Down to earth knowledgeable crew with interesting facts on the lobster industry, and the life cycle of the Lobster. Has live cast members as well which Mark pulls up out of the water. I greatly appreciated the open discussion with Mark, and Cody. Defiantly made you feel at home. The meal was simple fare, but excellent with a pound, and a half cold lobster, salad. and bun. I forgot my camera and returned the next day to take some photos. Ended up talking for another 45 minutes. I was impressed by the fact that Mark was in the process of cancelling a trip due to choppy conditions. Personally I would have gone out, but just goes to show the responsible attitude. They would rather loose a full boat of paying customers than risk an injury. That being said make sure to check the marine forecast.

Walter Dowrie

North Bay
“Excellent afternoon!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This tour is a must when visiting Charlottetown! I attended the afternoon tour. It was very informative! Mark and Cody are down to earth and share tons of information about the fisherman lifestyle, life cycle of lobster and taught the group how to hold a live lobster. They included many details that made the tour fantastic. The lobster meal was delicious!

Visited July 2013
“Top Nocht made my day!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I read about Top Notch Charters on the Internet when I was planning for my visit to PEI few weeks ago. I booked the evening tour as the price was quite decent with a lobster meal on boat. But actually I didn't have too much expectation about the excursion.

On the day I booked, however, Mark called and informed me that the evening tour needed to be cancelled because of windy condition. He said he could put me on the list afternoon in the next day. Initially I planned to have a cycling trip next day but I was glad that I said "yes" to Mark at that time. Because next day's weather was not very good for cycling.

When I got on the boat, Mark and Cody greeted me with enthusiasm. They actually had good engagement with all guests on the boat, no matter they were adults or children. Quite detailed information about lobster-catching was told. The main dish of the day - the lobster meal on boat - was delicious too! The 3-hour tour was higher than my expectation and I walked out from the boat with lots of satisfaction! :)