“Excellent QUICK pick-up!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Excellent QUICK pick-up!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Needed something quick for lunch & what better than sushi? Reviewed the easily navigatable menu online & called to order. The lady said it would be ready in 10 minutes. I got there in 5 and all of the food was ready! The server I had spoken with on the phone & sushi chef were very, very pleasant. They had even given me some items on the side that she said were "on the house"! (Cold noodles & beensprout salad). I ordered the miso soup & Brave Seafood roll. The miso broth was good, however the soup was missing the usual things; pieces of seaweed, tofu. Still delicious. The Brave Seafood roll was very good; good size for a maki. I've never tried cold noodles before & they're delicious! Bean sprout salad also very tasty.
Will definitely come here again if back on PEI!

• Visited May 2013

PEI, Canada
“Fast, Friendly Service and Delicious Food!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My daughters and I go to Ta-Ke Sushi on a pretty regular basis. I like to pick and choose from their rather extensive menu, but my daughters always order the sushi lunch special, which is an incredible deal. The food is always fresh and flavourful. All orders come with a pot of tea and a bowl of miso soup. The owners and staff are always pleasant, and the service is fast and efficient. The decor of the restaurant is tasteful, with a calm and relaxing ambience. I have never been disappointed with the food at this restaurant, and recommend it very highly to anyone who enjoys sushi.

• Visited April 2013
Prince Edward Island, Canada
“Fresh, jewel-like sashimi”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I moved to PEI from Montreal, where I regularly met with friends to go for sushi lunches. So I was relieved to find a sushi resto in Charlottetown, but a little nervous as to the quality and authenticity. I needn't have worried.

At our first visit, my family and I ordered the sushi, sashimi and maki platter. 42 pieces for $49.95cad. It comes with a pot of green tea, two side dishes of vegetables and noodles and miso soup. I find it a great deal, but best of all the sashimi was fresh, delicate and arranged in jewel-like beauty on a bed of snow white shredded daikon. Absolutely fabulous. My favorite is the butter-fish. Lovely creamy white pieces of tuna that taste... well, buttery. Also the dark blue-red tuna is fresh and delicious.

We have gone back many many times since, introducing the joys of sushi to many of my new Islander friends from "Up West" and we are often offered other "on the house" samplings by the friendly staff and owners of the restaurant. I have to say we have NEVER been offered "microwaved" or sub standard sashimi... We've tried their inari, or fried tofu, which came in a light sweet sauce. And I would also recommend the seaweed salad - my son's favourite - for anyone looking for something a little different.

I try to make it to this friendly, fresh restaurant at least once a month... and I live an hour away from Charlottetown! Hmm. May just pack up the kids and take a drive down there this afternoon.....

• Visited October 2012
Charlottetown, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Frequent visitor”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I frequently visit this spot. Service is great as is the food. Spicy tuna roll is my go to.

Visited October 2012
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“excellent chef, friendly service, great value!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stopped in on a Tuesday evening. Restaurant was clean and nicely decorated. I was a little disappointed they didn't offer my favorite Kimbap (Korean 'sushi maki') - since they had a whole little section of Korean specialties. The service was prompt and very friendly.

Ordered suimono & miso soup, to eat in and a NY roll & a French kiss roll to take home.
The soups were perfect! (always a good sign...) When we got back to our cottage we discovered the rolls were BIG, and also came with a nice salad and very tasty 'Cellophane noodles'. Both kinds of rolls were really excellent!! (we're very fussy about sushi...) I've enjoyed Japanese cuisine for many years in Vancouver, New York, and Moscow, and it doesn't get much better than this (*****)

• Visited October 2012