“Anne of Green Gables”

Confederation Centre of the Arts
More attraction details
Owner description: Confederation Centre of the Arts is a national art centre showcasing the best in Canadian visual and performing arts. Stretching over an entire city block the Centre houses a world class art gallery, Mavor's restaurant, a locally supplied gift shop, three expansive conference rooms, and a beautiful 1200 seat theatre. A library, an outdoor amphitheater, and spacious outdoor courtyard are also located on site. The Mack theatre is owned and operated by the Centre which is located steps away.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I attended this play while visiting Charlottetown. I bought our tickets online before I left home and felt we received good value for out money. Our seats were second row, dead center and I paid $40 a piece which is much less than similar seats would have been in Tampa. The building was beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed the play. Parts of the play were a little cheesy but if you have read the books or have seen the movie it is still worthwhile and enjoyable.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"province house"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed July 26, 2013

a nice house, excellent performance, good seats, center 10 rows from the front, but no center aisle,hard getting in or out,
never waited in line for a mens bathroom before,
but worth it nevertheless

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife loved! She grew up reading Lucy Maud's books on Anne of Green Gable. For first time PEI visitor, this is a must.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The 40+ year run of Anne the Musical seems to be one of those things that happens because its happening. We were astonished when they received a standing ovation, considering the poor quality of the musical's lyrics and plot.

The musical deviates heavily from the book, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it also refuses to allow any dramatic tension. The scene where Anne & Diana drink the currant wine is a major plot point in the book, and the musical glosses over it with a 'kids will be kids' response from the adults.

The building is beautiful, as were the sets and the singing, but for what we paid in comparison to what we pay on Broadway, the value just isn't there.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I love visiting the centre every time we're in town. The building itself is beautiful and aging gracefully, and the exhibitions always interesting. In recent years the giftshop has gone way downhill in my opinion. It used to be much more interesting, but the laws of commerce have prevailed there sadly. I love the courtyard at Mavor's Bistro - it's perfect for an afternoon drink and rest with a good book. The Bistro itself looks lovely and I hope to go for a meal next time we visit.

1  Thank Mosswing