I stayed at this B&B for 4 nights with a friend. It is in a very good location. It is to the west of the main downtown area but it is within walking distance of stores and restaurants and Victoria Park. It is nice and quiet, but then again PEI seemed quiet in general so maybe that isn't a big deal.
Our room was on the top (3rd) floor (which meant lots of stair climbing). It was a very nice room with 2 double beds. The beds were clean and comfortable; the television took a while to turn on with the crazy remote control; the telephone had a hookup for internet access; and the beds were made and new towels brought up every day. The only problems with the room were the light and the location right next to the kitchenette on the third floor. First, there was never one exact spot in the room where you could get good lighting to put on makeup and other stuff one might need good light for. Second, the B&B was fairly empty (this being only May) but I think it might be a bit noisy when it is full if you are near the kitchenette because from our room I could hear our neighbors in the kitchenette getting some coffee and tea.
For breakfast, they had (among other things) fresh homemade blueberry muffins. Yum!! They also have scones, bagels, toast, and fruit. They usually have an entree for the morning - I'm not sure if you can get anything else (likes just eggs or bacon). I didn't ask and usually ate what they served. The wait staff was very friendly and willing to answer questions or give directions.
I didn't spend much time in the common areas, except to use the computer to check email. Overall, I think this is a good place to stay in PEI and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Harbour House, we've combined the elegant heritage character of our property with contemporary amenities and comfortable furnishings to make you feel at home during your stay with us. Our accommodation options range from suites to rooms for those traveling on a budget, and are suitable for all types of travelers from groups and families to individuals and long-term renters. Included with your stay is a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast featuring your choice of sweet or savory hot entree and other breakfast selections. We also include free off-street parking with your stay. Need information about Charlottetown, directions to a venue, or just want to talk PEI in general? We're always available to chat. If we're not at the registration desk, we invite you to ring the desk bell and we'll come join you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Harbour House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Harbour House Hotel Charlottetown
- Heritage Harbour Hotel
- Heritage Harbour Charlottetown
- The Harbour House Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island