“Comfortable, private, and friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Harbour House

The Harbour House
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Campbell River, Canada
“Comfortable, private, and friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had an amazing stay at HHH! The rooms we stayed in were spacious, comfortable, clean, and very private. We very rarely heard our neighbours even when they were using common spaces, and definitely took advantage of the sun room for afternoon reading!
The staff were very friendly and happy to help us with everything from holding luggage, giving us detailed directions and restaurant recommendations, to accommodating some early morning breakfasts.
You won't be disappointed! Reasonable pricing and a beautiful, historic setting close to downtown.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quietest, but the whole building is quite private even on the ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

The inn manages to combine large comfortable rooms, that are similar to hotel rooms, with the character of a B&B. The place has various nooks and crannies inside and out where you can sit, read or have a snack. The 24-hour tea/coffee making area was very handy and there was a little fridge where you could purchase a can of pop. There was also a microwave if you wanted to heat anything.

The location was great, close enough to walk to restaurants, shops and the boardwalks, but just far enough away to avoid a lot of downtown noise. There was plenty of room in the parking lot at the back of the inn.

We were in a king room, which also had a sofabed. The bathroom was a good size with mostly new fixtures. Both the room and the entire house were very clean. As with most B&Bs, you depend on your fellow guests to be considerate about noise and we found that most everyone else was going to bed at about the same time, so no real issues here for us.

Breakfast was fine and the home baked goods were yummy. This location made for a good home base to explore other parts of the island. Thanks to Alexa for the tip about the walking trails in the Greenwich Beach area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slburns
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Recent stay at this B&B was great. Pros: perfect location in walking distance to historic downtown and harbor area, clean newly renovated room, comfortable bed and linens, dvds available to watch, friendly staff, beautiful historic building with ample space for relaxing. Cons: thin walls (lots of hallway noise as our room located next to communal kitchen).

• Stayed May 2014
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I picked this B&B because of its location. I wanted to stay somewhere close to the downtown so I could walk everywhere. I wasn't disappointed. The location can't be beat. It is close to many attractions and eateries as well as shops.

Upon my arrival, I was warmly greeted by Alexa and given a tour of the property. The building is well appointed and there are lots of lounge areas where one can chill.

My room was quite nice and the bed comfortable. I slept like a log both nights of my stay.

The breakfast was plentiful and I was offered a choice of two entrees along with a selection of pastries, breads and yogurts.

On my second morning, I had to leave before the breakfast sitting, but they kindly packed me a breakfast to go and it came in a gift bag all nicely done up.

All in all, I had a great experience and will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Heritage Harbour House a few weeks ago for a few nights. The staff were amazing, the owner was very friendly and helpful. the room was very clean, up to date and quiet. The breakfast was great, very delicious and had a lot of options. The bed was very comfortable. I will be returning to the island frequently and will definitely be staying at this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Lake Forest Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

We last stayed at Heritage Harbour House Inn 4 years ago. We were back in Charlottetown to attend veterinary school graduation. Since our last stay, the inn has added to their breakfast menu. During our 7 night stay, we were offered 2 different entrees every morning in addition to the usual cereal, toast, bagels, and yogurt. The property itself is in premium condition everything well maintained and cared for. We love the quiet rooms yet being so close to downtown, restaurants, and the waterfront. We walked everywhere. The staff is so accommodating whether you need advice on what to see to confirming air travel. The guest comes first. Our choice of accommodation remains Heritage Harbour House Inn in Charlottetown.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank aglefevre6165
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I left Jamaica with three of my friends to study in PEI for four months. I had no idea what to expect especially where accommodation was concerned. All I knew at the time was that I would be spending those four months living at The Heritage Harbour House Inn which in my mind was just like any other Inn. This I must say, was not the case HHH far exceeded my expectations. Each room is provided with a cupboard in the very spacious kitchen which is exclusive to guests with all needed utensils, the rooms are very clean and spacious and had everything for one's comfort, there was also the option or borrowing movies from the vast collection of DVD's available to all guests. In addition to other services was the cleaning of the rooms on a bi-weekly basis.The facility along with its ideal location; close to downtown where everything is, made it a perfect place to stay. It was immaculate, very comfortable and equipped with everything to make me comfortable. I felt at home. I enjoyed my stay there to the fullest. We were like a family. The assistant (now manager) is an exceptional young lady. She went over and beyond to ensure that I was always comfortable and entertained. She planned numerous events/activities to ensure that my stay on the island would be a memorable one. I was treated with utmost respect or must I say "royalty", I was literally spoilt if you should ask me. I was even transported to and from grocery shopping, if the manager couldn't take the guests one week because he was out of the country or for some other reason he would arrange for someone else to take them shopping even if it means paying for a cab . I even had a landline to call my family in the USA and anywhere in Canada FREE or charge. This is definitely the place I will be staying if i'm ever to visit the Island again. I could not have chosen a better place to stay. HHH is definitely the place to stay if you consider visiting Prince Edward Island. You will NOT be disappointed!!!

Vanessa G.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the first floor if you hate climbing stairs :) Overall all the rooms are amazing!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends