Shipwright Inn
Delta Hotels Prince Edward(Charlottetown)
$127
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Rodd Charlottetown(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
$97
$86
Hotels.com
Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
$79
$63
Hotels.com
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
$137
$106
  • Pool
$80
Quality Inn & Suites(Cornwall)(Great Value!)
$64
$53
The Great George(Charlottetown)
$119
$106
Dundee Arms Inn(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
$103
$100
$118
$112
Orbitz.com
The Sonata Inn(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
$102
$86
Travelocity
All reviewschart roomb bcrows nestoff street parkingwonderful visithelpful hostsbreakfast was deliciousa wonderful place to stayfruit saladshort walkthoroughly enjoyed our stayour room was spacioussitting roomtwo nightseach morningwithin walking distancehome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I've stayed at the Shipwright whenever visiting Charlottetown since 2002 and I have probably slept in every room in this gorgeous house. My favourite remains the lovely Quarterdeck, tucked away to the left of the dining room on the main floor, with its own fireplace, jacuzzi tub, and wonderful antique furnishings. But it's hard to describe the ambience and charm of the shipwright without pictures. (Fortunately there are lots on its web site.) Trevor and Judy are fabulous hosts, preparing a hot multi-course and varied breakfast every morning. The whole house is spotless and filled with amazing artifacts, games, books, along with an array of teas and coffees and afternoon cakes and cookies on the sideboard in the dining room. The Inn is well-located, right across the street from the Dundee Arms restaurant and bar, and within walking distance to everything, but on a quiet street. The Shipwright deserves its 5 stars!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I stayed here for a few nights while attending a conference in Ch'town and just adored it. My room was cozy and charming, the breakfasts were decadent (bananabread french toast?!), the coffee was excellent, and the hosts went WELL beyond the 'call of duty' to make me feel welcome and relaxed. All of my colleagues were staying at the conference hotel and were VERY envious of my choice of lodgings since it was far more charming and more reasonably priced too. Thanks to Trevor and Judy for their generosity and time. I only wished I could have stayed longer. ...

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We spend several nights each year at B&Bs, and the Shipwright is one of the best you will find. You will not find hosts any more welcoming or helpful than Judy and Trevor and their staff. In order to stay for two nights, we had to book two different rooms. Both rooms were extremely nice. The basement apartment was unusually large and I would recommend this if it is available for your stay at the Shipwright. I do not understand why this inn is not rated #1 in Charlottetown. Obviously the negative comment on TripAdvisor from 2004 about the hosts being too busy to assist was not about Judy and Trevor. They could not be more accommodating. Without a doubt, you will enjoy your stay at the Shipwright.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 14, 2008

My husband and I wanted something special, charming and romantic for our wedding day. We called the Shipwright Inn and spoke with Judy, her and her husband, Trevor own this exquisite Inn. We went to see the Inn a few days later and the minute we walked in we were stunned. It was quaint and beautiful, romantic and absolutely perfect for our special day. When you walk into the Inn you are embraced with this "at home" feeling. The rooms are something I have never seen before. They are restored to look like they would from an earlier century and you can't help but stare at each different memoire. Our room was so huge and was actually made up of a few rooms. There was a sitting room with a fireplace and the bathroom had a jacuzzi tub in it. The bedroom was so spacious and had a huge closet.

The wedding was exactly what I had planned. It was a perfect location for our small intimate affair. The room we were married in was set up just the way we wanted it and Judy and Trevor helped with all the small details, pouring the champagne, making sure everyone was content and happy. That night they had champagne on ice for us and the next day we had breakfast brought up to our room .Staying at this Inn makes you feel as if you have found one of Canada’s best kept secrets.

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed August 26, 2007

In the past several years we have stayed at more than a dozen B&B's and small inns in the US, Canada and Europe. Without question, the Shipwright Inn's Officers' Wardroom was the nicest accomodation we have had. We travelled with our two daughters and were looking for a large family space. The wardroom was simply incredible, with a beautifull master bedroom, enormous closets, a huge sitting area with couch and separate queen bed, and a modern and beautifuuly appointed bath.

The Inn's hosts (Judy and Trevor) were warm and friendly and constantly looking to make friendly suggestions for sightseeing and dining. When they heard we might head for the beach they immediately offered us beach towels, bottled waters, and a pre-paid beach pass at no charge. Cakes, tea, coffee and lemonade also were always at our disposal. The selection of DVDs allowed us to have a fun family night in our room on one of the nights of our stay.

Breakfast was included and each of the three breakfasts we had were different and delicious. While always a choice of fruit and cereal, the hot breakfsts included eggs benedict (my favorite), belgian waffles, and bacon and eggs. The special Shipwright blend of coffe also was excellent.

The inn is conveniently located in Charlotteown and served as a wonderful home base for our brief exploration of Prince Edward Island. We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family