“a wonderful getaway”

Ranked #2 of 43 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Whitby, Canada
“a wonderful getaway”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Thank you Judy & Trevor for a lovely getaway...we would have loved to stay longer. Great location...close to everything but just off of the busy street. Beautiful inn, tastefully decorated with respect for its history but updated to provide visitors with every modern convenience. Loved the delicious breakfasts and the innkeepers are just charming. If we're back we know where we will want to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
DREAMER55, Owner at Shipwright Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review of our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure meeting you.

Judy & Trevor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Vietnamese first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We enjoyed our stay a lot. The highlight was the nice breakfast. different meals every day!!!
The design of the B&B is unique and the location is in the center of Charlottetown.
If we go back to PEI we know where to go!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Do yourself a favour... if you are planning on visiting PEI, try staying at the Shipwright Inn. Best bed & breakfast on the planet. Getting up at ungodly hours to feed our team was truly above & beyond. Trevor & Judy - all my very best to you both!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Debbie S
DREAMER55, Owner at Shipwright Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Debbie hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all feedback from our guests.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. It was a great group we had for the week. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

kind regards
Judy & Trevor
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This trip was one we had been anticipating for quite some time and the Shipwright Inn did not disappoint. The Inn was located right in the heart of Downtown Charlottetown and it's innkeepers Trevor and Judy were more than happy to help us pick out the best bars, restaurants, and stores all within walking distance. From the second we stepped through the front doors, they ensured that our trip was as carefree as possible. Trevor brought our bags up to our room for us while Judy gave us the first class tour ending in our room.

Our room was impeccably clean and well maintained with a lovely view. We also had a walk in closet, and huge bathroom with a Whirlpool bath as well as a spectacular outdoor balcony. The room as well as the inn had a very warm and homey feel that was much better than any hotel room. In fact, the longer we stayed the less we wanted to have to leave and head to the 5 star hotel room that was waiting for us upon leaving the Shipwright inn.

At the Shipwright Inn, every little detail was thought of, from the tea and cakes in the afternoon, to popcorn in the evenings and all the way up to an amazing breakfast spread made just for you at your leisure,including the best blueberry muffins I have ever eaten in my life.

Needless to say we are looking forward to the possibility of going back in the Summer, and this time hopefully being able to stay at the Shipwright for the entire duration of our trip

Room Tip: We stayed in the Captains Quarters in case you were wondering
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ali P
Riverview, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had to travel to Charlottetown for business for a full week March 3-7, 2014. Meetings were to start at 8:00 am, but Trevor and Judy accommodated us with a breakfast ready by 7:15 am (normal breakfast hours are 8:00 - 9:00 am) each morning. As well, the meetings did not end on Friday as anticipated, without a firm end date, so I returned on March 9 for continuing meetings. No problem for Trevor and Judy. They simply asked me to let them know each day if I was returning and my room was ready for me. They are just great - will do anything to accommodate our needs. The room was quite large as we were there for an extended stay which helped as well.
The Shipwright Inn is located in the heart of Charlottetown, within walking distance of many restaurants and very close to my meeting (3 minute walk in fact!). As such, I was able to return to the Inn over short lunch and supper breaks to warm up a small snack in the microwave on the second floor by the bedrooms.
This was my second stay at the Shipwright Inn and I am happy I chose it this time around as well.

Room Tip: Captain's Quarters (which I was in) or Navigator Retreat are great rooms, quite large if you are...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
South Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I were ready for a winter's get away and chose to visit Prince Edward Island. We selected the Shipwright Inn, only to find that friends of ours had stayed there nine years ago. The Inn is located within walking distance of things to see and great places to eat. Our hosts, Judy and Trevor were delightful, and our two room suite was perfectly suited for our needs and warmly decorated. The breakfasts were wonderful. We would go back at a moments notice!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I am currently having a relaxing evening at the Shipwright Inn while visiting Charlottetown on business. This B&B was recommended by the group I am meeting with. I am thrilled with the location and property. The Inn is in an ideal location in the city. There are multiple restaurants, shops and pharmacies within a short walk.
I fell in love with the property the moment I walked through the door to the warm welcome from Judy! The character in every room pulled me back to childhood memories of historical homes that my grandparents and other relatives lived in. The breakfast area is spacious and welcoming. The sitting area offers a semi-private retreat if you want to read or socialize. My room was clean (and I have high standards), comfortable, spacious and quiet! After a long drive and full day of meetings, it was much appreciated to come back to a pot of tea, cakes and relaxation by the fireplace in my room. I almost didn't want to leave for supper...but the restaurants in Charlottetown are NOT to be missed.
I must say that THIS will be where I stay whenever I travel to the area from now on. I couldn't imagine staying at a chain hotel now.
Thank you to everyone at the Shipwright for being wonderful hosts.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business