We stayed in the Rodd Charlottetown Hotel on July 7, 2004 for 2 nights after visiting Shediac & Parlee Beach. Join the Rodd Equity Club & you'll get the incredibly cheap rate of $101 (instead of close to $175), which was absolutely amazing for a downtown Charlottetown hotel.
The hotel was historic (my duaghters said it was OLD but my parent-in-laws said it was CLASSIC).
The small hotel rooms we stayed in had no harbour views (you could only see the harbour on the top floor) but the rate was too good to miss. The rooftop patio was beautiful and you could see the lovely Charlottetown Harbour and most of Charlottetown downtown.
The location of the hotel was great and convenient as we could walk to the Confederation Centre of the Arts to see the musical "Anne of Green Gables" which was absolutely outstanding. Tim Hortons nearby opens at 6:00 in the morning and we could get some breakfast before boarding the ferry from PEI to the mainland at 8:30 a.m.
The indoor swimming pool was small but the swim was extremely enjoyable as it was like a private pool to ourselves.
Chambers, the restaurant on the Ground Floor, offered excellent food for the value (a 3-course dinner for $15) and they could serve us dinner in a short time of 1 and a 1/2 hours before our Anne of Green Gables show.
Although Delta Prince Edward had a much better harbour view and more modern hotel facilities, the price was way higher. I'll go for the Rodd Charlottetown again if I'm in Charlottetown next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the grand lobby of this four and a half star hotel with its marble floors and barrel--vaulted ceilings, you will be surrounded by the historic elegance that sets Rodd Charlottetown Hotel in a class apart from all other Island hotels. Built in 1931 by CN Railways, Rodd Charlottetown features the elegance and attention to detail synonymous with the historic Canadian National Railway Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rodd Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodd Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Charlottetown Prince Edward Island