Some hotels are for convenience only - this one is for the experience. We stayed two nights as part of an organised tour and appreciated the old historic character of the hotel especially that we can now say we stayed in the hotel where Queen Elizabeth stayed (albeit a long time ago when it would have been more "modern"). Our room was comfortable, although there was not a lot of desk or table space so we found the best place to play scrabble in the evenings was in the spacious corridor outside on the decorative half round table with two chairs - it was a good place to meet fellow guests too! The standard heavy breakfast of sausages, eggs, fatty bacon and fatty potatoes was available. You order your toast which comes pre-buttered. The second day we opted for a lighter meal of yogurt and toast. There was always fresh fruit for the taking in the foyer which was nice. There is a nice view of town from the rooftop garden The hotel is walking distance to downtown, the art gallery and the waterfront. A pleasant stay. I can't comment on value for money as it was part of the tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the grand lobby of this four and a half star hotel with its marble floors and barrel--vaulted ceilings, you will be surrounded by the historic elegance that sets Rodd Charlottetown Hotel in a class apart from all other Island hotels. Built in 1931 by CN Railways, Rodd Charlottetown features the elegance and attention to detail synonymous with the historic Canadian National Railway Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodd Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodd Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Charlottetown Prince Edward Island