People can read my review of Oct 2011. Still a great historic building in a historic region. Although you are right next door to the firehall, I never heard them once. Lights in bathrooms are different and light up bright right away. They also have new remotes, the sanitizable ones and cleaning staff actually did clean it daily. Bed still mushy but they give you lots of blankets and pillows.
On last day I was here, PEI got hammered with a snowstorm that actually shut down the city and my speaking engagements. With an early evening flight and nothing else to do and checkout at 11 am, I called the front desk and spoke with the manager who was nothing short of awesome. She told me "we'd never throw you out in the cold my dear" and laughed and told me to checkout whenever I want. In all of my traveling, this is only the second time that a hotel has not tried to gouge me for late checkout due to unforeseen circumstances. Cleaning staff knew I was stuck and recommended places to eat and get coffee plus the fastest route as I wasn't dressed for the weather.
Thanks so much Rodd Charlottetown. (Oh nice to know - EVERYONE in town merely refers to this as The Charlottetown Hotel as that is the historical name)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the grand lobby of this four and a half star hotel with its marble floors and barrel--vaulted ceilings, you will be surrounded by the historic elegance that sets Rodd Charlottetown Hotel in a class apart from all other Island hotels. Built in 1931 by CN Railways, Rodd Charlottetown features the elegance and attention to detail synonymous with the historic Canadian National Railway Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodd Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodd Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Charlottetown Prince Edward Island