Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$115
Priceline$114
Expedia.com$115
eDreams$114
Travelocity$115
CheapTickets$115
All reviews main building unique hotel walking tour lounge area breakfast is served main inn front desk staff visiting charlottetown spent nights home away from home ian suite pei waterfront accommodations homes charm
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

We recently spent 2 nights here...from the moment we arrived until we left we were treated as very special guests! I think everyone is treated this way here! Our room was very lovely and well thought out!
I would like to give a shout out to Rod as he was very helpful and accommodating . All the staff were but he definitely stood out!
When I’m back in Charlottetown again I will be sure to stay here.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Megan H, General Manager at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Thank you Roxanne for the kind words of praise! It's lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay and in particular that you felt like a very special guest, because that's exactly what you are! I'll be sure Rod receives your compliments, as he is most deserving of them. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Charlottetown.

Reviewed September 28, 2018

I've just recent!y stayed at the G.G hotel for 3 nights as part of a fly/drive holiday. This was the most memorable stay due to the little extra touches provided to make our stay happy and comfortable. From the constant supply of free cookies and cake, to the free wine and beer between 5p.m and 6p.m in the lounge, serenaded with music, to the lovely Rod who did the daily history tour. We enjoyed his knowledge and sense of humour. The staff set out to p!ease and certainly succeeded. I've a!ready looked up the recipe for the cold overnight oats we had for breakfast! Delicious. Thanks to you all

Date of stay: September 2018

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and I thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Your appreciation for the "little extras" we provide goes a long way - although I think we enjoy providing them as much or possibly even more than our guests enjoy partaking in them! I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Rod. He is a fabulous storyteller and a great asset to our Guest Experience team. I'm so happy the overnight oats recipe is working out for you so you can enjoy a small bit of the Great George at home. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 27, 2018

There are lots of reasons to like the Great George, quite apart from its charming historic buildings, large comfortable rooms and convenient old town location. How about the daily 4pm walking tour, led by a very informative and amusing bloke. It takes an hour and never leaves the hotel grounds (I believe the hotel owns about 20 buildings in its main compound and also in other places in the town). This is followed by happy hour drinks , in which the drinks are free. Yes, free! And the enormous sitting rooms (that’s rooms, plural), in which to chat to your new friends (that’s what happy hour does). Bed turn down with chocolates. One of the best hotels I’ve stayed at.

1  Thank sue w

Thank you, Sue for this lovely review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to pass along your praise to our concierge team regarding our historical walking tour. For you to say that we are one of the best hotels you've stayed at, is a huge compliment. We hope you'll visit us again!

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Charlottetown is a laidback jewel on pei and the Great George is practically in the centre of town. Parking is virtually outside your room and a couple of steps from reception. We were met at reception with a complimentary drink and smiling service, they showed us to our room in the front corner of the hotel. The room was clean and spacious with windows to the street on two sides. If I was being critical I would have to say that the air Con was not window mounted and was actually pretty noisy, though the room itself was quiet despite its location above the intersection.
Breakfast is an acquired taste, nothing wrong with the food but there aren’t traditional tables and everyone grabs a deep leather seat in reception, quaint and unusual rather than a problem.
You couldn’t be much closer to downtown for restaurants and bars, loads to choose from and you’d never need to drive to any of them.
All in all a very nice stay

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Megan H, General Manager at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Thank you H W for sharing your recent experience at The Great George. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and in particular, our guest reception, spacious rooms, and convenient location. You are couldn't be more accurate in describing Charlottetown as a laidback jewel on PEI - we feel very lucky to call Charlottetown home! We hope you'll visit us again should your travels take you back to PEI.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Our room on the 4th floor faced St. Dunstan’s Cathedral which made listening to the bells a delight. It was a large room, well decorated, with great amenities. Wish we could have stayed longer than 2 nights as there is much to do in the area.
The lobby is a great gathering place for breakfast in a.m. or wine/beer in evening (maybe a little too welcoming when tour groups are there as space then becomes limited.) The homemade cookies in the lobby in the afternoon are also a welcoming touch.

1  Thank IrelandfanUsa
Megan H, General Manager at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are very fortunate be located in such a wonderful area from which to explore Charlottetown. We hope to see you again and perhaps you'll be able to stay a bit longer next time!